1.    #1  
    I was Beaming a program and it filled up my memory, now my phone is in a reset loop that I cannot break out of. I have tried doing a hard reset, hot syncing and nothing is working. I get a message that says the free data storage is low. Delete applications or data. But instead of letting push the OK button is just resets. I did a hard reset by pushing up on the navigator and pulling out the battery, but that did not work.
    Any suggestions or do I need to go to the sprint store and use my insurance that I have?
    I believe holding UP on the d-pad just does a warm reset. Hold down the power button then do the battery removal/replacement while still holding it down. Once you see the Palm logo, let go of the power button and you should get the prompt to erase all data.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  3.    #3  
    Well I think it is toast. I tried that and now I just have a black screen. I thought maybe it ran out of battery and have it hooked up trying to charge it but the red light just keeps flashing and black screen.

Just a warning make sure you do not exceed your data storage on your phone.

Luckily I do have the insurance so hoping I can take it in and get another phone or have them fix this one.
  4. tsy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad am i View Post
    Well I think it is toast. I tried that and now I just have a black screen. I thought maybe it ran out of battery and have it hooked up trying to charge it but the red light just keeps flashing and black screen.

Just a warning make sure you do not exceed your data storage on your phone.

Luckily I do have the insurance so hoping I can take it in and get another phone or have them fix this one.

I think your batts drained out.

1. Charge up your centro - few minutes.
    2. Pull out the battery and put it back in .. a reset should start.
    3. Hold the red on of switch down
    4. After the SECOND palm screen appears , release the red button.
    5. Hard reset...

Try the above if you have not already done it..
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Yeah you must make sure you hold down the power button while replacing the battery, continue to hold it down till the SECOND palm logo appears. Let go then there will be a screen that says erase all data? Push up for yes and down for no. Then a hard reset will start. After that you should be fine.
  6.    #6  
    Boy you have to be talented to hold the down button and the power button while taking out the battery and replacing it.
    But I have had it charging all morning and still have the black screen, it was strange it came on for 1 reset cycle and then went back to the black screen earlier.
    I called the Sprint store and they said to bring in and they would take a look at it. They do have replacements if they can not fix it. I had just backed up all yesterday so I will not lose any data either.
    Btw if you get a larger battery that sticks out more it is much easier to remove/replace

Treo755p with the 3200mAh battery is really easy to take out.

Might as well get it swapped though, worst case you get a new phone with a new battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad am i View Post
    Boy you have to be talented to hold the down button and the power button while taking out the battery and replacing it.
    But I have had it charging all morning and still have the black screen, it was strange it came on for 1 reset cycle and then went back to the black screen earlier.
    I called the Sprint store and they said to bring in and they would take a look at it. They do have replacements if they can not fix it. I had just backed up all yesterday so I will not lose any data either.
    This is not a situation where you need to replace your device. If you want, I will help you. Send me your number to support @ GoTreoSoftware.com and I will see what I can do for you.

Jeff
    support @ GoTreoSoftware.com
  9.    #9  
    Thank you very much for the offer to help me but I did take it to the Sprint store and they ended up giving me a new battery and then finally got it to do a hard reset by holding down the power button and taking out the battery. I guess that somehow the battery got fried when it went into the non stop loop. The insurance that I pay for has saved me a couple of times now, once I dropped the phone and cracked the screen.
  10.    #10  
    I do say that the people here are always helpful and try to help whenever anyone has problems. I recommend this site to a lot of people especially anyone having a palm device.
    Thanks to all for being so supportive and helpful.
    Sounds like you need an all-encompassing protective case
    That is under warranty, not insurance, sorry we didn't pick that up earlier. Sprint should've mentioned that since there is a deductible for insurance and you only get two claims per contract. I'd save it for when it is your fault not Palm's. See what you can do to resolve that, maybe speak with a manager or something.