Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Coming from a beat up but great 650, used to the indicator light flashing green when connected to a network.

I can swear my new unlocked GSM Centro did this, but after a soft reset, or installing the micro SD card, or something or other, the green light no longer flashes.

However red flashes immediately after turning on and whilst searching for a network.

As soon as network is found, no flashing light.

Anybody else have this issue?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    The LED on the Centro doesn't flash green to indicate network coverage like the 650.

And you'll need something like Butler to get LED reminders of missed calls/SMSs etc (and then it's solid green only).

Apparently - according to a bloke at Palm - a lot of people didn't like the blinking LED. But I did.
    mine is not blinking
    never was
    No blinking led in Centro, the "new behavior" is inherited from Treo 680...

Ciao

Sergio
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Please check out this thread.

My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SergioA View Post
    No blinking led in Centro, the "new behavior" is inherited from Treo 680...

Ciao

Sergio
    Bummer!
    When the Treo 600 first came out, people complained something fierce about the blinking light. I just disabled the feature. People have complained since then and Palm decided to listen to the complainers and you are where you are and why Butler supports the various options for blinking. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by urban75 View Post
    Apparently - according to a bloke at Palm - a lot of people didn't like the blinking LED. But I did.
    Not only was it an eye sore it drains the battery and is one way to conserver usage. Sure 2-4mAh an hour is not a lot but over a day or two, it adds up. Plus with cell coverage so vast now, I think it's safe to assume you have coverage, rather than not.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I use my Centro as an alarm clock. Actually, I have used all my Treo's/Smartphones as alarm clocks. That flashing led was extremely annoying at night. The first thing I have always done is disable the LED. I fairly certain I have service in the areas I travel, so I don't need to be reminded. I'll take picking up the phone to check for missed calls, etc. over the blinking LED flashing all night.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    If you must have it blink you can use service led for the 680 but it kills the battery very fast. Personally, I liked the led blink.
    Why did Palm have to 'decide' between the two alternatives? Why isn't there a section in the Preferences for the LED setting?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Why did Palm have to 'decide' between the two alternatives? Why isn't there a section in the Preferences for the LED setting?
    I wish, thats a good idea.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Not only was it an eye sore it drains the battery and is one way to conserver usage. Sure 2-4mAh an hour is not a lot but over a day or two, it adds up. Plus with cell coverage so vast now, I think it's safe to assume you have coverage, rather than not.
    In my case I find it handy.

Is the phone on or not?

Do I have coverage? (I travel frequently through the backblocks of Asia, where coverage can be patchy).

However I think the first item mentioned is more important to me, being absent minded! :-)
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I use my Centro as an alarm clock. Actually, I have used all my Treo's/Smartphones as alarm clocks. That flashing led was extremely annoying at night. The first thing I have always done is disable the LED. I fairly certain I have service in the areas I travel, so I don't need to be reminded. I'll take picking up the phone to check for missed calls, etc. over the blinking LED flashing all night.
    The phone does not have to be turned on for the alarm to work in "World Clock".
    I personally find the lack of a blink option very annoying.

I use Chatter and I leave my phone plugged in overnight. It used to be when I came out of the shower in the morning one glance at my nightstand could tell me if I had any new emails, even if it was plugged in. Now I can't tell that at a glance.
    I have set the following in Email (using EAS):

Alert me of new mail - checked
    Alert Sound - None
    Vibrate - Always

It is working fine for a day and the vibration is not working. When I went to the Alert (tap the yellow button in upper right hand corner), the phone vibrated. The problem can be resolved by soft reset (using mReset). After a day, it happens again.

Any idea?
    Are youing Profiles for anything?
    I did not create any profile. I've just simple set the alert in Email.
    Just wanted to let you know you are not crazy, when I first unboxed my AT&T Centro and popped in the battery I know for a fact that green LED was blinking... I didn't notice exactly when the blinking stopped but after installing all my old 755p apps the blinking has definately stopped...
    The Centro doesn't blink green when in service. None of them do, kids.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast