Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21  
    Everyone tried Service Led on a Centro? Brings back the same LED behaviour as on the Treo 650. Warning: may cause diminished battery life:

    http://www.freeware-palm.com/downloa...680-v1-03.html
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    The Centro doesn't blink green when in service. None of them do, kids.
    http://mobihand.com/product.asp?id=11264&n=Service-LED (Freeware).
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevoice View Post
    Everyone tried Service Led on a Centro? Brings back the same LED behaviour as on the Treo 650. Warning: may cause diminished battery life:

    http://www.freeware-palm.com/downloa...680-v1-03.html
    That link seemed half baked to me. Mentioned Service LED but ciouldn't find download link.

    Try this:-

    http://mobihand.com/product.asp?id=11264&n=Service-LED (Freeware).

    However have noticed blinks green when phone is off as well on my Centro, so kinda defeats the purpose!

    The author kindly replied to my emails, suggested a conflict somewhere, mentioned Butler in particular, which I don't run.
  4. #24  
    When I used service LED it killed my battery within 10 minutes. Kinda pointless...
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    When I used service LED it killed my battery within 10 minutes. Kinda pointless...
    Maybe dud battery?

    I had it running all day and made quite a few calls, I am getting about 2 days out of the battery. Also use sms regularly and play Solitaire (on planes etc)

    Palm advise to keep the battery on charge (top it up etc.) even when small amount is used, they say battery has longer life and performance than if charged when run down. In the huge (yes I did print it out, and 20 trees died) manual.

    But getting back to ServiceLED, I found it blinked even if phone is turned off!
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Phillips View Post
    Maybe dud battery?

    I had it running all day and made quite a few calls, I am getting about 2 days out of the battery. Also use sms regularly and play Solitaire (on planes etc)

    Palm advise to keep the battery on charge (top it up etc.) even when small amount is used, they say battery has longer life and performance than if charged when run down. In the huge (yes I did print it out, and 20 trees died) manual.

    But getting back to ServiceLED, I found it blinked even if phone is turned off!
    hmm I have 3 seperate batteries and I have to charge everyday if I use EVDO all day it wont even last the whole day!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    hmm I have 3 seperate batteries and I have to charge everyday if I use EVDO all day it wont even last the whole day!
    EVDO is CDMA? I have GSM, maybe uses less power?
  8. #28  
    So does Butler work on the centro for new mail/sms/missed call alerting? Is this the best app for these tasks ?
    Mark Bergman
  9. #29  
    Phonedisconnect seems to work well for missed calls and new SMS alerting, but offers nothing for new voicemail and new e-mail. Solid green is all that it offers...better than nothing for now. One of our valued developers ought to catch up with this need soon.
    Mark Bergman
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bergman View Post
    So does Butler work on the centro for new mail/sms/missed call alerting? Is this the best app for these tasks ?
    Not sure - I'm one of those who have no quarrel with the way the Centro handles its LED, so I never used that part of Butler.

    However, I don't think it will give you flashing anything.

    The help screen about this feature begins "You can override the LED state - this is great if the flashing light drives you nuts at night and was in fact the original reason why I wrote Butler!"

    The options are Charging / Charged / Voicemail / Attn Grabber, and for each you can choose Leave as is / Off (unless Treo is charging) / Green

    Regards,

    Jochen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions