Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You can use the instructions to flash the Verizon ROM onto your Sprint phone, but as for activating the phone on Verizon service, you will have to see if Verizon will activate the ESN.
    Has anyone used the VZW updater to convert a Verizon 700p to a Verizon 755p? Also, is it possible to have a Sprint 700p converted to a Verizon 700p? I currently have a Sprint 700p on Verizon, but I've only got 1.10-SPNT firmware.

Thanks in advance,
    buzmanphx
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    You can use the instructions to flash the Verizon ROM onto your Sprint phone, but as for activating the phone on Verizon service, you will have to see if Verizon will activate the ESN.
    SunDevil I'm trying to build an Device Changer for an alltel customer.. I have already successfully done MOST of it. I have also successfully created the 700VZW to 755VZW (see below for more info).
    I can't post links here YET but if you search for MiDoJo posts in the 700p board you'll find both my successes and the Alltel challenge
    However I've Got a bit of a quandary (Actually two)
    1) To update the PRL for the Alltel customer (who has already had the re-provision done by Alltel) , do they need the CDMA Updater from the Altell 1.45 update? or the VZW one. 2) The Altell one only has one part CDMAFirmwareUpdater.prc and does not have the _enUS.oprc that we VZW needed
    Has anyone used the VZW updater to convert a Verizon 700p to a Verizon 755p?
    Yes I was successful in doing this Hurrah (and I could not have done it without Kocoman and TJSundevil's Helpful posts)
    go to mytreo.net and i've posted the results and methods etc in the 700p forums
    and if you're a bunch of haters and are at me for mentioning mytreo.net well too bad
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Oooops I never posted here that I was able to do the convert.
    Quote Originally Posted by me on Mytreo way back in August of 2008
    I have Made this ROM Conversion for educational and Device Stability Purposes. The Installer Must understand that Palm and Verizon WILL NOT support this Change in ROM
    my conversion will be available at rapidshare.com/files/137602944/New_VZW.zip.html
    EDIT: you must have the latest firmware installed to your 700 (either 1.10 or 1.11) before doing this firmware. Thanks to maxstang for the this discovery.

if you need to Change your device back to a 700p from the new 755 ROM please use the Package by Kocoman Called KEEPNOCDMAUpdaterroms

rapidshare.com/files/91097381/KEEPNOCDMAUpdaterroms.rar.html

I Do NOT Guarantee that this above referenced file will still exist though it did at the time of this writing.
    This Rom update could not have been made without the Help of the Following people
    KoComan (Who was the first to port the 755 into a 700p body but only did it for Sprint. Also who provided the needed ventura files used in my Port)
    Grack who's Rom tool allowed me to convert the multiple pieces of the 755 ROM update 1.08 into a single file)
    PALM the company (though they may have problems) without their encouragement of developers to do all they can with the hardware they make this could never have happened (though probably they don't want us to do it but oh well).
    MyTreo.net Who provide all the support that our carriers, Access and Palm do not.
    AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
    My two Testers, without whom I'd never have known that this was possible.
    Grundgi
    BabyWayne
    It was a great honor to work with the both of you.

Thank you and don't blame me if this does not work.
    MiDoJo

P.s. Palm, Access and VZW please don't sue me I really can't afford it

How to Use
    Hardreset Your Device
    On a Blank, Palm Formatted SD Card Copy the ROM and Palm Folders from this Archive.
    Insert the card into your 700p
    navigate to the Card directory in launcher
    Launch RomUpdater
    using your QWERTY keyboard type the word ventura and hit enter
    Wait. . . Wait. . . Wait. . .Your Device will reset
    You should now have a 755 in a 700p body (this can be confirmed by the presence of GoogleMaps and Docs to Go on the ROM)
    Your Software should still read as a 700p though (in phone info)
    I don't have enuff posts for links yet so just copy the urls above and add h t t p : / / (without the spaces)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12