Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68
  1.    #1  
    I have had my Sprint Centro for four months. Used to have the Treo 650. There is a very ANNOYING delay in nearly everything I do. Do you guys experience that on your Centro. I click to hang up the phone, I get a delay before it hangs up, I click the Done button, I get a delay...nearly EVERYTHING has this delay. If I push three buttons, it delays for 2 or 3 seconds then QUICKLY does all three things I pushed. I HATE IT - ready to dump it. Comments??
  2. #2  
    This sounds like my experience, though I don't have anything to compare it to. This is my first smartphone. While I do notice a slight delay, it doesn't bother me that much.

    Have you done a soft reset to see if that helps at all?
  3. #3  
    Couple of things you can try:

    -Load blazer and clear your cache and cookies. Disable autofill in blazer. Go to your file manager and delete the Blazer autofill and history files.

    -Try the free trial of lightspeed. Overclock your phone app, launcher, etc etc (I usually just use the standard settings but with a 2.0 multiplier). You have to manually enable lightspeed with the trial each reset (enable button should be green).

    Is it still laggy right after a soft reset? Might be that your dbcache is staying near full for some reason.
  4. #4  
    How bad does Lightspeed affect your battery life?
  5. BaDZeD's Avatar
    Posts
    294 Posts
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    #5  
    Are you running UltimatePhone by any chance? that would cause the delay right there.
  6. #6  
    Lightspeed battery drain depends on how much you OC apps and how much you use the OC'd apps.

    It's not a mega battery drain though.
  7. #7  
    Along the same lines as BadZed, I was curious what software you have running on your Centro. My daughter has a centro and it is much peppier then my 755p. But I also have many more 3rd party apps running then she does (including UltimatePhone - I love it too much though to part with it).
  8. #8  
    I don't have any apps, I still don't even have a card! Recently I had lag while Messaging a few times here and there, it would take a couple of seconds for what I type to show on the screen.

    Today the phone was dead! I didn't understand how the battery went, I don't think it did, so I charged it. It wouldn't turn on even while charging, after waiting a few minutes. Finally it was fully charged and still dead. I unplugged it, removed the battery and everything was good as new. I don't know what happened or why, I'm not a power user or anything as you can probably tell.
  9. #9  
    I'm thinking of "upgrading" from the 650 just for a smaller unit. any other bad experiences? I had an old Sony phone that had serious lag and that would drive me nuts
    Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    I don't have any apps, I still don't even have a card! Recently I had lag while Messaging a few times here and there, it would take a couple of seconds for what I type to show on the screen.

    Today the phone was dead! I didn't understand how the battery went, I don't think it did, so I charged it. It wouldn't turn on even while charging, after waiting a few minutes. Finally it was fully charged and still dead. I unplugged it, removed the battery and everything was good as new. I don't know what happened or why, I'm not a power user or anything as you can probably tell.
    So if you do a hard reset, do you still get this lag?

    If so this sounds like a hardware problem.
  11. #11  
    There's been very few reports of lag, mine were all recent, say a couple here and there the past two weeks max. Now that I think of it I use the calendar a lot and that had similar lag. I was freaking since I'm recommending the Centro and don't have an understanding of why mine has been acting up? I had one of those my whole life is on this stupid electronic device moments today!
  12. #12  
    No delay here. Fastest Palm phone I've had.

    The only time I notice delay or battery issues is when I am in a low signal area. If this happens, the phone continuously searches for service. This makes the battery run down very quickly. It also slows the device down a lot because it is constantly trying to find signal.
  13. #13  
    You can have Power Hero kinda manage this.

    If connection isn't found for X mins, turn off phone. Check every X mins. You can have it turn off the phone silently too.
  14. #14  
    If you think the centro is bad, you should have tried the 700p. Total garbage. 20-30 sec delay. I am happy to have the 1 sec delay now. Just get used to it.
  15. tsy
    tsy is offline
    tsy's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolstorm92 View Post
    If you think the centro is bad, you should have tried the 700p. Total garbage. 20-30 sec delay. I am happy to have the 1 sec delay now. Just get used to it.

    My centro unlocked GSM is as fast if not faster than my treo 650 unlocked GSM. It makes the 680 look snail like. Stable as hell as well
  16. #16  
    My Sprint Centro does not delay 2-3 seconds between every command. Occasionally, it does have a delay of a couple of seconds. But it happens maybe once every couple of days, and I use this thing hours every day.

    I really think you have a defective phone. I bet if you get a new one your experience would be much improved.
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
  17. dyuyeno's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    I have had my Sprint Centro for four months. Used to have the Treo 650. There is a very ANNOYING delay in nearly everything I do. Do you guys experience that on your Centro. I click to hang up the phone, I get a delay before it hangs up, I click the Done button, I get a delay...nearly EVERYTHING has this delay. If I push three buttons, it delays for 2 or 3 seconds then QUICKLY does all three things I pushed. I HATE IT - ready to dump it. Comments??

    what kind of memory card do you have. I purchased a cheap (probably slow) 4gig card and it slowed everything down.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    I have had my Sprint Centro for four months. Used to have the Treo 650. There is a very ANNOYING delay in nearly everything I do. Do you guys experience that on your Centro. I click to hang up the phone, I get a delay before it hangs up, I click the Done button, I get a delay...nearly EVERYTHING has this delay. If I push three buttons, it delays for 2 or 3 seconds then QUICKLY does all three things I pushed. I HATE IT - ready to dump it. Comments??
    Before you blame the basic phone, perform a hard reset (insuring you have a full backup first, of course) and then verify you see the same behavior without any of your custom software or settings.
  19. #19  
    I notice huge lags when I have a lot of texts on the device, and it goes away if I clear my inbox. Programs operating in the background can cause lagging too. Backup, hard reset, and install apps one by one to find the culprit.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
  20. #20  
    I wonder if SMSPager would get rid of the lag when you have a lot of stored sms.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions