1.    #1  
    Is use of the IM app free? I configured it and it says that fees may apply. Are these fee's outside of my SERO unlimited data plan? If so...are there other free apps for IMing on myspace?
    The IM app uses data + sms. So if you don't have unlimited sms it could end up costing you. The app only supports AIM, MSN and Yahoo anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
    Is use of the IM app free? I configured it and it says that fees may apply. Are these fee's outside of my SERO unlimited data plan? If so...are there other free apps for IMing on myspace?
    check your SERO plan details, some of them offered unlimited SMS, in which case you would be in luck.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  4.    #4  
    I have unlimited data and unlimited text messaging on our SERO plans.
  5.    #5  
    Still haven't really resolved this question....free or not?
    well, I would assume since you have unlimited data and text messaging that there would not be a charge to use the onboard IM program. But I guess you could call your carrier to confirm.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I have the $30 500 min sero plan w/ unlimited data and text messages are not included
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Depends when you ordered it. A lot of the time they have a promo of free sms included with SERO.
    I work for Sprint...If you have a SERO w/ unlimited text there won't be any additional charges for using the IM program. I do it often on Yahoo and never see anything about on my statement.

It does use Data and SMS but your SERO covers it.

IOW IM away and enjoy the best plan in the country!!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    I work for Sprint...If you have a SERO w/ unlimited text there won't be any additional charges for using the IM program. I do it often on Yahoo and never see anything about on my statement.

It does use Data and SMS but your SERO covers it.

IOW IM away and enjoy the best plan in the country!!
    I don't have the SERO plan but I am pretty happy with Sprint and their Power Vision.
    How do I delete the crappy INSTANT MESSAGING program? I know it didn't come with my 755P and I downloaded it as a bonus software, but the phone isn't letting me delete it through normal delete methods.
    Use Filez and set the Recyclable attribute for all the files and soft reset.
    thanks
  14.    #14  
    My SERO plan does have text messaging. in fact all three of my family's SERO plan's do. So looks like I'm good to use it.

I wrote e-care, but they didn't give a diffinative anwer really.