Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I dunno what I did - the phone was working - I could turn it off and off. I then wanted to update my ROM version and I think I managed to mess up the installation (caused endless resets). I got it restored back so I could still use the pda portion of my treo, but now the phone causes it to reset when I go to turn it on.

I did a #*#377# to check the error log and this is what I get.

A reset was caused on <DATE and TIME> while running "<unknown application>":

HTCStateTelephonyHandler.cpp, Line:429, HCI Interface versions do not match - 26 instead of 30.

I tried to re-install the old ROM version, but still cannot get the phone to turn on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I just worked with a customer today that had this exact problem! The issue turned out to be corrupted entries in the SavedPreferences file. Move your Saved Preferences file to your SD Card with a utility like FileZ(With FileZ you have to first Copy the file to the SD Card and then delete the file from the main memory). The just go into your phone application so it will rebuild the Save Preferences file. Then try to power on the phone and if this is the same problem, your phone should power on!

Let me know if this solves the problem.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Where is the SavedPreferences file located?
    Quote Originally Posted by prairieboy View Post
    Where is the SavedPreferences file located?
    It is in the main memory of your Treo. You have to use a utility like FileZ to see it. If you are using FileZ, open the "internal" tree and you will find SavedPreferences. From there tap on the name SavedPreferences. This will put a check mark next to the name. Then use the MENU key to copy the file to the SD Card (just in case you need to restore it later). Then Use the MENU key again to delete it.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Jeff,

I did what you had explained about the SavedPreferences file and unfortuneately, that did not work. But an update:

I suspected the Telephony file to be causing the grief as detailed in my first post. I took the telephony file from another cdma provider that is also 1 version newer than the rest of my rom.

1.04 rom with 1.05 telephony.

I can now turn on the phone, but of course it is looking for a service provider that is not in my country - Verizon instead of Telus. So I don't know what that leaves me with. Ultimately, I was looking at getting this phone reprogrammed to use on an entirely different network (Bell), but the more I work on this phone I am beginning to like it, but am getting more and more frustrated in getting it back to a factory state.
    Quote Originally Posted by prairieboy View Post
    Jeff,

I did what you had explained about the SavedPreferences file and unfortuneately, that did not work. But an update:

I suspected the Telephony file to be causing the grief as detailed in my first post. I took the telephony file from another cdma provider that is also 1 version newer than the rest of my rom.

1.04 rom with 1.05 telephony.

I can now turn on the phone, but of course it is looking for a service provider that is not in my country - Verizon instead of Telus. So I don't know what that leaves me with. Ultimately, I was looking at getting this phone reprogrammed to use on an entirely different network (Bell), but the more I work on this phone I am beginning to like it, but am getting more and more frustrated in getting it back to a factory state.
    I am not sure how to get the phone to attach to a different carrier. Might look up a person named Shadowmite to see if his site has any updates for you.

Jeff