Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    I made this for my phone and wanted to share:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/phwelo/osx.jpg
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/phwelo/osx0000.jpg
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/phwelo/osx0001.jpg

I skinned the battery meter, the signal meter, the bluetooth icon, the entire phone application, added a little apple logo to replace the yellow bell (that's not in the screenshots cause i don't know a good way to get one without first getting a call) and i think that's about it. i removed the target from the phone app since i don't know what it does and think it's ugly. i made these all to work only on a white background as i wanted to use anti-aliasing on some of the stuff. oh and all of the phone icons have been skinned to reflect a black centro.

to install just hotsync the installer. it'll run after the hotsync and delete itself and reboot your phone to apply changes.

*added the uninstaller which only kind of works, it leaves behind a few files since they're loaded into memory. strange thing is i have no problem deleting them with resco.

to remove run that uninstall and then delete pmsysgadgetlib-pmsg.libr and hsysresource-hssr.rsrc using your favorite file explorer
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by phwelo; 03/11/2008 at 06:59 PM. Reason: adding uninstaller
  2. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    SWEET.

Is there a way to use only the phone app/dialpad parts?
    pretty awesome!

I was wondering what you've been up to....

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    pretty awesome!

I was wondering what you've been up to....
    i've been doing lots of experimenting with the phone app and figuring out what does what where. maybe i'll learn some programming or something next :P
    nice...i anxiously await your next "experiment"! lol

Wow, great work. I'm installing it right now on my Centro.

It looks super on my Centro, but how do I delete this app at a later date?
    Last edited by He123321; 03/11/2008 at 11:48 AM.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    Wow, great work. I'm installing it right now on my Centro.

It looks super on my Centro, but how do I delete this app at a later date?
    the file list scrolls by during install, but i don't know it off the top of my head. i'll edit my original post with uninstall instructions later
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    the file list scrolls by during install, but i don't know it off the top of my head. i'll edit my original post with uninstall instructions later
    No problem, and thanks for your time/work.

Will this work on a 755 or is it just for the centro?
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire070 View Post
    Will this work on a 755 or is it just for the centro?
    couldn't say, I've only got a centro. back up, give it a shot and let me know ;-)
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    updated with uninstall instructions
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Looks incredible, I especially like the splash screen when the phone turns off and on.

Anyone have ideas about whether this will work with ATT/Palm 680? I preferred the phone app on my 650 and I can live with what I have on my 680. But I ask because the screenshots in this thread suggest that this skinning app follows the pattern of the 650 phone app. Any ideas? Any grave risks to my finding out the hard way?
    -- Josh
    Hi folks,

Gave it a try on my AT&T Treo 680. It installs ok, but only minimally applies the skin. The battery meter and signal strength are applied in all apps. The phone skin, however, does not modify the native 680 phone app appearance.

Now, here's the real problem... it can't be removed, at least so far! I have tried the "uninstall" program twice, and each time it has crashed/reset my 680 before successfully running. Upon reboot, the Brushed-Metal Apple appearance of the signal strength and battery meter are un-removed.

Can we get a full listing of the programs installed so that I can manually remove them with FileZ? Thanks!

-- Josh
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Looks Good!

The target is your location indicator. I think you can use it for the family locator and buddy finder services. I think the police uses it too. You can turn off but the icon still shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    Hi folks,

Gave it a try on my AT&T Treo 680. It installs ok, but only minimally applies the skin. The battery meter and signal strength are applied in all apps. The phone skin, however, does not modify the native 680 phone app appearance.

Now, here's the real problem... it can't be removed, at least so far! I have tried the "uninstall" program twice, and each time it has crashed/reset my 680 before successfully running. Upon reboot, the Brushed-Metal Apple appearance of the signal strength and battery meter are un-removed.

Can we get a full listing of the programs installed so that I can manually remove them with FileZ? Thanks!

-- Josh
    I had to do a hard reset to get the app completely removed from my Centro. I tried everything elese with no luck.

re: uninstall

I think the uninstaller needs to be run then someone should post the default versions of these files, which hopefully you can copy over the "new" ones with, restoring the battery meter, etc. back to normal:
    • pmsysgadgetlib-pmsg.libr
    • hsysresource-hssr.rsrc

I don't think those can be deleted via Resco, but overwriting them (or using an installer app to just copy those back) would help.

Well, I'd like to know ...

- what files to delete with FileZ (since the "uninstaller" program will not work)

and

- what files to overwrite from backup

Thanks.
    -- Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    re: uninstall

I think the uninstaller needs to be run then someone should post the default versions of these files, which hopefully you can copy over the "new" ones with, restoring the battery meter, etc. back to normal:
    • pmsysgadgetlib-pmsg.libr
    • hsysresource-hssr.rsrc

I don't think those can be deleted via Resco, but overwriting them (or using an installer app to just copy those back) would help.
    By the way, I just checked my log of backed up files which I made with BackupPro before installing this skin software. There is no pmsysgadgetlib-pmsg.libr. This seems to be a new file altogether, so it is odd that I can't delete it from the Treo.

And now BackupPro is buggy. When it launches, it announces with an error message that, "couldn't open record db-UpdateAppDataRam".

Jeez, makes me feel stupid for installing stuff before others tried it out thoroughly to figure out its issues on a 680.
    -- Josh
    phwelo - can you add letters to the dial pad? Just in case, other than that - looks awesome!
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast