Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Have you tried uninstalling it from safe mode (AKA warm reset)?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Just FYI, the signal icon may be a bit buggy, especially in blazer (in which I have your ie7 skin). The antenna signal seems to switch back and forth between the skinned signal and the original for no apparent reason. Not a big issue, has anyone else noticed?
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    Hey phwelo, I know you answered this in the smilies thread but I can't seem to find the right post. What program are you using to create all these wonderful little tidbits?
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    re: uninstall

I think the uninstaller needs to be run then someone should post the default versions of these files, which hopefully you can copy over the "new" ones with, restoring the battery meter, etc. back to normal:
    • pmsysgadgetlib-pmsg.libr
    • hsysresource-hssr.rsrc

I don't think those can be deleted via Resco, but overwriting them (or using an installer app to just copy those back) would help.
    before i wrote the uninstall stuff i made sure to perform all the steps on my own & the only issue i ran into was an error that one of the hsys files was in use, but it deleted anyways. perhaps after a fresh soft reset they'd go? maybe i can find a way to unload resources or something... i'll google it while working today :P
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal99 View Post
    Just FYI, the signal icon may be a bit buggy, especially in blazer (in which I have your ie7 skin). The antenna signal seems to switch back and forth between the skinned signal and the original for no apparent reason. Not a big issue, has anyone else noticed?
    i browsed around to try and replicate this and couldn't. i'm using a skinned version of blazer as well, wonder what's causing that? i've skinned both of the locations of the signal icons (there are 2 due to sprint adding their own with a couple more bars than the palm os defaults) so i thought i'd have my bases covered in case someone on gsm version tried it
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    Hey phwelo, I know you answered this in the smilies thread but I can't seem to find the right post. What program are you using to create all these wonderful little tidbits?
    i've been using prcedit lately
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    I finished the safari blazer skin i had started some time ago, got all of the icons to line up and redid the bookmarks view to look a little less low-res.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/...osx-blazer.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/...blazer0000.jpg

this one should be pretty easy, if you want to remove it delete blazer.prc from ram
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    and here's a set of matching smilies for messaging - i did the whole set (besides the yinyang thing) but i just made the picture of a few of them to give you the idea.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/phwelo/sample.jpg

to uninstall these just delete the smarttextengine library
    Attached Files Attached Files
    phwelo - did you see my request above about adding letters to the number pad? It'd be handy!

Thanks man.
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

phwelo, you have skills.

Update: Your new work uploaded to my Centro glitch free, and they can be deleted in a snap like any other app. I love the new look to Blazer.
    Last edited by He123321; 03/13/2008 at 10:50 AM.

phwelo: awesome work on the Safari icons! I was curious if you'd return to fixing them since they looked so clean on the device...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    phwelo - did you see my request above about adding letters to the number pad? It'd be handy!

Thanks man.

Ooh...I second this!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire070 View Post
    Ooh...I second this!!
    yeah, I have to 3rd it, lol

You don't miss 'em till you need 'em! It'd be cool if they could be done in black lettering to contrast...eh, maybe that'd be too much contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Have you tried uninstalling it from safe mode (AKA warm reset)?
    I wasn't able to uninstall the two stray files from safe mode. I'd like to avoid a hard reset if possible ... thanks in advance for any solution.
    Phwelo, I've been on the sidelines here, do your previous files have the new uninstall feature and if I have this right you no longer need Resco, for those too? Great job btw!
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    Phwelo, I've been on the sidelines here, do your previous files have the new uninstall feature and if I have this right you no longer need Resco, for those too? Great job btw!
    well the uninstaller didn't particularly work for people, but that same uninstaller will have the same effect on previous stuff. you'll still need resco to install the old ones though
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Dude that is awesome!!

BTW: did you ever make a pink blazer skin for us pink centro users.... (I mean you don't look busy enough or anything. )
    I'm using shadowmite's Phone_SPCS.prc call duration hack (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=154330) in addition to your dialpad skin and it seems that there is some sort of conflict with it. The borders of the number blocks are whited out...mostly the left border of #1.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0/screen00.jpg
    This is before I even type anything. Just open the phone app.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0/screen01.jpg
    This is when I start dialing numbers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0/screen02.jpg
    And this is after I clear out the numbers that I just punched in.

Is anyone else having this problem? Btw...it did the same when I used the original osx themed skin (without the letters at the bottom) as well.
    ooooh...it does look good

btw, here is the thread here about the "Call ended" / "Call duration" hack that wildfire070 is refering to...it's a nice trick to build into these dialers if you can.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast