1.    #1  
    OK this is wierd. On my Centro, my BT headphones work flawlessly w/SAG. However, when I try to plug in ANY wired headphones, I only get sound out of the left earphone. Anyone know what's causing this? It's been doing this since day 1.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    is your adapter faulty? might not be hitting the contacts properly. it also may not be inserted all the way.
  3.    #3  
    That can't be it. I've tried different adapters along with 2 different made-for-phones headphone sets with 2.5mm plugs. No matter what I get mono sound. Man I hope my jack isn't messed up, I really don't wanna have to disassemble & re-solder... Eek I'm getting that clenching feeling in my tummy
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    The palm headphone jack is specific to palm. You need a adaptor that will work with palm...The only headsets I think that work are of course palms...I found an adaptor with mic on ebay that works...There are a few threads on here about the whole ordeal.....
    I ordered four 2.5mm -> 3.5mm adapters from dealextreme.com a few months ago. They are about 3 inches long with a 2.5mm male plug on one end and a 3.5mm female plug on the other end.

They work find with my headphones.

These are 3 conductor adapters. I tried the 4 conductor adapter too, but I was only able to get mono sound using it with my 3 conductor headphones.

You may want to read the thread about headphones and adapters...it may help
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    You're not alone on the mono sound thing. I have a couple of 2.5 to 3.5 adapters (btw: There ARE other cellphones with 2.5 jacks, such as the LG Rumor. It's not just a Palm thing).

I've found I actually have to back out (!!) the plug just a wee bit for the phone to play in stereo. Otherwise, like you, it's just mono.

It's too bad that it's something that Palm didn't improve on between the 650 and the centro. Add to that the fact that it seems like the athena port doesn't support sound like the 650's did, and I am a little worried. Let's hope that the jack is better on the 690!!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    I've found I actually have to back out (!!) the plug just a wee bit for the phone to play in stereo. Otherwise, like you, it's just mono.
    I was having the same problem with my 2.5mm->3.5mm 4 pin conductor.

When I switched to the 2.5mm->3.5mm 3 pin conductor, the problem went away. (note: my stereo headphones use a 3 pin 3.5mm plug).

(if you don't know what I mean when I say 4 pin vs. 3 pin conductor, take a look at the thread above)

Franko
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    I, also, had the exact same thing happen to me. I went to radioshack to get a $3 adapter, so I could plug in my own noise-cancelling headphones. When I showed the guy what I was doing, he told me that the $3 one wouldn't work; it needed the $10 one, which had the right amount of bands on it.

As soon as I got it home, I had to back it out about a quarter-inch just to get both channels. Needless to say, it's back at RS. I'm just going to get a new pair of (2.5) headphones, I guess.
    tim