1.    #1  
    Launch'Em III was release today. I had been using the demo for quite some time (since they didn't have any protection of the beta section). I have a love/hate relationship with this program.

First off, the size has grown dramatically. But, this is because of the additional features and color and so on... I know this has nothing to do with SynSolutions but when in the hell will we see a palm with more more memory than 8mb? We've had this discuss/dream list before... I just believe we are approaching the time that it becomes more important than ever. Programs are getting large. The first "hate".

Second, I can't thank the developers more than for the feature of dynamically adding in the apps that I store on my modules. I have a whole internet tab (and since I keep my minstrel in all the time), all the applications are stored in that folder. When I install an app, it appears in the dynamic folder and I just drag it to the other tab. My apps (except for the use of McPhling) have never been so organized and easy to execute. I have Apps, Financial, Work, Games, Utils, System, and Internet all on one screen. Each individual tab has a possibility of three columns and shows me size and version on the fly. No other launcher does this. The first "love".

Is it just me or does this program completely mess with my contrast settings. They are all over the board in every program I use. I know Launch'Em is the culprit because it never used to do this. Someone tell me if they notice this?

So, download it. http://www.synsolutions.com
    Thanks for the notice; I'm a registered user and hadn't heard about this yet.

I'm planning on buying a Clie -- any idea whether Launcher III's removable media support extends to the Memory Sticks? (I'm wondering if they support VFS, just systems running AutoCF, or what.)
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Timmins wrote:

"Is it just me or does this program completely mess with my contrast settings. They are all over the board in every program I use. I know Launch'Em is the culprit because it never used to do this. Someone tell me if they notice this?"

Hi,
    My contrast settings change also. Programs start either too light or too dark even though the launcher screen is OK. I had originally attributed this to Afterburner but this now appears it might be a Launch-em problem.

I agree it is nice to be able to organize apps on the tabs. It tracks programs on the RAM modules pretty well. Now if they developed Memplug support..........

Brian
    There is a $4.95 upgrade fee, BTW. Doh!
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
    Originally posted by bookrats
    Thanks for the notice; I'm a registered user and hadn't heard about this yet.

I'm planning on buying a Clie -- any idea whether Launcher III's removable media support extends to the Memory Sticks? (I'm wondering if they support VFS, just systems running AutoCF, or what.)
    Sorry, answering my own question: Someone on the Clie user's group posted that Launch Em III works with MSMount or Powerrun on the Clie.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by Galley_SimRacer
    There is a $4.95 upgrade fee, BTW. Doh!
    Where did you see this? I didn't see it on thier site at all, and haven't gotten any announcment email from them.
    Just curious as to why someone would use this when Launcer III is free? Why pay $15 for a launcher?

Thanks,

mc
    As a registered user of both Silver Screen and Launch'em (I also have Launcher III) I find the release of the two updates interesting..........yet somewhat disappointed. I agree with the last post as to why would someone spend money on Launch'em when they can use Launcher III. I feel it is as ggod, if not better now. I don't have a color unit. I don't need color support and I don't need to rotate my tabs (IMHO that's a useless feature). Anyway I am exrtemely disappointed to find out that after 6 months of wating for the update, there is nothing I can use in the new version.

As for Silver Screen, I am always surprised that they keep on adding features and making it look more attractive every update. (Pay attention Synergy!! If your going to make your customers wait for products that don't add any functionality then charge them for the update, you will be losing customers by the handful.) SiverScreen is a great interface and it looks really cool. Everyone on the boards are complaining about how it doesn't add any functionality but I have to heartily disagree. Drag and Drop org. Tabbed interface, trashcan, custom themes, MFU and Fav. drop down list, beamable, yada...yada..yada. My only complaint is it is slow on some screen redraws. I can live with that.

Peace, Love, War Visor
    CFralick
    "We are the people are parents warned us about."

<b>Clark Fralick</b>
    this is kindda a dumb question but what does BTW mean?
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    Originally posted by robert sibell
    this is kindda a dumb question but what does BTW mean?
    by the way.

mc
    It keeps causing a soft reboot when i click the icon. I had disabled the beta before loading the release. However, I did not delete it becasue i did not want to lose my color schemes and tabs.

PDA@aacpas.com
    Dear Beta Tester:

Thank you for your participation in the Launch 'Em(TM) 3.0 public beta
    program. Now that the beta program has expired, we'd like to tell you how
    to upgrade to our newest version. There are two easy options:

1) Current registered Launch 'Em 2.x users will soon receive an e-mail with
    instructions allowing you to upgrade for only $4.95

2) If you are not a registered Launch 'Em 2.x user, you may purchase the
    full version for only $14.95 directly from our Web site:
    http://www.synsolutions.com/software/launchem/

Once again, thank you for your participation in this latest public beta
    program. The feedback from you, our testers, is a vital component in our
    mission to provide quality applications to the handheld user. 

Warm regards,

Alan Pinstein
    Vice President of Product Management
    Synergy Solutions, Inc.
    a BarPoint.com Company

PRIVACY NOTICE
    You received this email because you signed up for the Launch 'Em 3.0 Public
    Beta program. This is the last communication that will be based on your
    participation in that program. We will not be retaining your email address
    from this list for any other purpose. You can find our full privacy policy
    at the following link:

http://www.synsolutions.com/about/privacy_policy.html
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
    Thanks. My email came after I posted.
    How much was Launch'Em to begin with? (I can't remember.)
    Thats weird. I upgrade sometime last week, and
    it only cost me $1.00. Maybe they hadnt finalized the upgrade
    price yet.