1.    #1  
    I have used GoogleMaps traffic feature for some time now but its not the most accurate all the time. Its accurate 60% of the time at best and thats not good enough. I'm looking for a program soley or primarily dedicated towards providing traffic info. Or if anyone knows of a site they use with their CENTRO that works well for them, please let me know. Work is a hour away and any minute I can save is awesome.
    You can try the free trial that comes with the 755p, I would imagine it works on the Centro:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/accessories/traffic.html

Dunno how accurate it is.
    Its going to depend upon where you live. The best option unfortunately is to look for some of the pay services for traffic.
    I haven't used an application, but I do get a text message when there are major traffic jams on major thoroughfares. Yes it costs but I have a text message plan. Some days I don't get anything which means usual traffic and traffic woes, other days like today, with the Vice President in town and one major accident that required lifeflight, I received 6.
  5.    #5  
    I live in Charlotte and GoogleMaps is a hit and miss sometimes on traffic. I just can't see myself paying for the Palm service though. I did try and find the actual prc of the file but no suck luck. Oh well, I guess I need to check online before I leave work each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by akaivyleaf View Post
    I haven't used an application, but I do get a text message when there are major traffic jams on major thoroughfares. Yes it costs but I have a text message plan. Some days I don't get anything which means usual traffic and traffic woes, other days like today, with the Vice President in town and one major accident that required lifeflight, I received 6.
    What service are you using to receive these text traffic alerts?
    I had the paid Palm service for 2 years, and I always compared it to Google Traffic. Sadly, the Google traffic was always more up to date and more detailed (North vs. South bound), even though it was free.

I finally got around to canceling it, and I haven't missed it at all.
    I use traffic.com for where I live. I sign up for alerts and it has been working for me. However, I haven't had a major issue with my commute since I found the service, one notification I got I was off that day and by the time it came through, I definitely would have been sitting smack in the mess.

Anyway, I like traffic.com because I can get alerts every day no matter, or only when there is an issue (and I can identify how serious or delayed the issue/traffic needs to be).

The account is free and I have a text plan.
    I've used traffic.com also, but I found it to be unreliable as well.

A lot of the times I would get a traffic rating of 6.0 for my work route, but the traffic was no different than the days when I would get a 3.0 traffic rating. Other times I would get a low traffic rating but it would take me longer to get to work than a higher traffic rating.

It is free though.
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    I use traffic.com for where I live. I sign up for alerts and it has been working for me. However, I haven't had a major issue with my commute since I found the service, one notification I got I was off that day and by the time it came through, I definitely would have been sitting smack in the mess.

Anyway, I like traffic.com because I can get alerts every day no matter, or only when there is an issue (and I can identify how serious or delayed the issue/traffic needs to be).

The account is free and I have a text plan.
    That's pretty cool...thanks for the tip.
    If you want the most accuracy, just move to southern California. We ALWAYS have traffic!

It's funny, I tried the Google traffic thingy once when I first got my phone. I just laughed.
    Quote Originally Posted by decypher44 View Post
    If you want the most accuracy, just move to southern California. We ALWAYS have traffic! ...
    Now THAT is funny!
    SigAlert.com in So. Cal. is 20 bucks a year and well worth it. They use the California Highway Patrol updates so the accuracy is dependant upon them. It's customizable so you can set up your own routes with direction, days of the week, time of day, and alternate routing. It gives you the speed of the traffic in the regular and carpool lanes using speed sensors placed by CalTrans. You can also use your phone to view the traffic cams through their site.
    You can go to Traffic.com and have it send both text messages or phone calls calls with options that you set. Try it, I use it every day!!!