1.    #1  
    Announcing SafeGuard!!

Does your Treo crash randomly? Do you want to know why your Treo crashes? Do you want to know what application is causing your beloved smartphone to reset?

SafeGurd is the answer! SafeGuard's advanced Crash Detection Technology (CDT) will help identify the reason for crashes on your Treo like no other applicaiton has ever done! It also knows how to recover your Treo from the dreaded Reset Loop of Death that comes from installing misbeahving 3rd party applications.

http://gotreosoftware.com/images/saf.../SG-Portal.JPG http://gotreosoftware.com/images/saf...%20Options.JPG http://gotreosoftware.com/images/saf...lm%20crash.JPG http://gotreosoftware.com/images/saf...LM%20Event.JPG

http://gotreosoftware.com/images/saf...0Detection.JPG

Features:
    • Stops the Reset Loop of Death senario
    • Identifies crashes that are caused by applications running in the background
    • Crash Knowledge Management Engine automatically prioritizes applications that cause crashes
    • Isolates troublesome background applications
    • Quarantine feature that temorarily stops applications from running so problems can be isolated
    • Displays all 3rd party applications that are installed in the main memory of your device
    • Displays all 3rd party applications that run in the background of your device
    • Displays the installation times for all 3rd party applications installed on your device
    • Displays the events that cause each background application to run
    • Allows for the sending of all SafeGuard data to remote support organizations via the internet for remote diagnostics
    • Maintains a complete history of all device crashes
    • Maintains a complete history of all device resets
    • Maintains a history of the application usage on your device
    • Helps keep your SD Card available for applications to use

This application comes with a 10 day trial period so please download it and see for yourself what SafeGuard has to offer.

(The official web site for SafeGuard is http://GoTreoSoftware.com but the actual web page for SafeGuard will not be available for a few days.)

Download Link

Purchase Link

User Manual

Report any support issues to support @ GoTreoSoftware.com

Thank you,

Jeff
    GoTreo Software, Inc.
    This is very useful application. I had one reset per day until I used this app to find the cause. It was Font4OS5. It was nice program but without it, my Treo is much more stable and does not crash at all.
    3Com PalmPilot Personal > Handspring Visor Deluxe > Palm Tungsten T > PalmOne Tungsten T5 > PalmOne Treo650

Current Device: Palm Treo 680 w/1.12 Cust1 ROM, 4GB SDHC, GlobalSAT GPS Receiver
    You know you can also use SafeGuard's Remote Support function and send the crash report to the developer of whatever app is causing a reset. The great thing about this is the developer can then fix the bug, and you get a more stable device and get to keep the app!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ndy4eva View Post
    This is very useful application. I had one reset per day until I used this app to find the cause. It was Font4OS5. It was nice program but without it, my Treo is much more stable and does not crash at all.
    Another success story!!!!

I love seeing the application work in the "real" world vs the lab. Thank you very much for posting. Can you add some detail around how SafeGauard targetted Font4OS5 as the problem?

Jeff
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    You know you can also use SafeGuard's Remote Support function and send the crash report to the developer of whatever app is causing a reset. The great thing about this is the developer can then fix the bug, and you get a more stable device and get to keep the app!
    Perfect post! Hopefully SafeGuard will provide meaningful and very targetted crash information so developers will know exactly where in their code to look for the problem. With this information, developers can rapidly fix their code and release a new version very quickly.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Another success story!!!!

I love seeing the application work in the "real" world vs the lab. Thank you very much for posting. Can you add some detail around how SafeGauard targetted Font4OS5 as the problem?

Jeff
    Here's the detail information on the Crash.

Cause: Fatal Exception
    Name: FOS5
    Last Run: Agendus Btn2
    Device Status: ON
    Radio: ON
    Background: Palm
    Event: FS5N

Confidence: HIGH

My treo crashed after HotSync with my PC and I press button to launch Agendus. It happened before and I never knew what was the actual cause of the crash until I used SafeGuard. (THANKS!!! ) I used Font4OS5 since T5 and I never thought this had anything to do with the crash. I'm happy to have stable Treo than having nice fonts.
    3Com PalmPilot Personal > Handspring Visor Deluxe > Palm Tungsten T > PalmOne Tungsten T5 > PalmOne Treo650

Current Device: Palm Treo 680 w/1.12 Cust1 ROM, 4GB SDHC, GlobalSAT GPS Receiver
  7.    #7  
    Here's the detail information on the Crash.

Name: FOS5
    Radio: ON
    Background: Palm
    Event: FS5N

Confidence: HIGH

My treo crashed after HotSync with my PC and I press button to launch Agendus. It happened before and I never knew what was the actual cause of the crash until I used SafeGuard. (THANKS!!! ) I used Font4OS5 since T5 and I never thought this had anything to do with the crash. I'm happy to have stable Treo than having nice fonts.
    Thanks for the post! Now if you contact the develeoper of Font4OS5 with the information that their product is crashing when it processes its custom event notificaiton 'FSSN' after a HotSync, they should be able to fix this problem very quickly!

Jeff
    Only problem is that the developer stoped all work related to Fonts4OS5 in 2005, no update since Aug 2005.

http://www.lubak.net/

FontSmoother is great. I never had trouble with Fonts4OS5 but I think the last time I used it was on my 650.
    Two more crashs......

Name: ActNames
    Radion: ON
    Background: NO

Agendus Btn2: MEDIUM
    ActNames: LOW

Does my agendus have problem/issue? Two crashs have indentical information. I don't think Agendus is the source... uhmmmm.... It is much more stable without Fonts4OS5 tho.

Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    FontSmoother is great. I never had trouble with Fonts4OS5 but I think the last time I used it was on my 650.
    Thanks for the suggestion.. I will leave it out for now.

12.    #12  
    Two more crashs......

Name: ActNames
    Radion: ON
    Background: NO

Agendus Btn2: MEDIUM
    ActNames: LOW

Does my agendus have problem/issue? Two crashs have indentical information. I don't think Agendus is the source... uhmmmm.... It is much more stable without Fonts4OS5 tho.
    Do you have all of the Crash Monitors turned on? If so, this crash appears to be from the currently running foreground application. If not, I would suggest turning on the Crash MOnitors to see if more information can be gathered on the next crash.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Do you have all of the Crash Monitors turned on? If so, this crash appears to be from the currently running foreground application. If not, I would suggest turning on the Crash MOnitors to see if more information can be gathered on the next crash.

Jeff
    It is turned on.

14.    #14  
    It is turned on.
    Chances are very high that Agendus Btn2 caused the crash.

BTW: I released version 2.04 of SafeGuard today!

Jeff
    Thanks, I will contact IAMBIC (Agendus).

For discussion, please follow this link: SafeGuard Discussions
    [Mobile Users click here]
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 03/25/2008 at 07:15 PM.