1.    #1  
    wht would be the fastest and richest web browser for the 755p? thnx
    Depends on the website you are viewing really.

Xiino works pretty well for some websites and is fast, but it's not as overly compatible as Blazer is.

Opera Mini 4 handles rendering large pages with a lot of images the best by far, but it's not always that fast to connect and can require some JVM configuration to be stable. Also downloading files from Opera Mini 4 launches Blazer to do the download. This means you have to download the file, quit Blazer, then open Opera Mini again.

I still find Blazer to be the best option all around due to the best bookmarking features, easy navigation, easy hotkeys and handles a wide range of websites. Blazer is fairly slow when it comes to rendering pages however.
    Yep, what papped said.

You could try Universe Web Browser. Universe has it's own Web Cache, History Cache, Cookie "Jar" and it has it's own download folder in the cards root directory.

But Universe does have issues ocassionally. There is a thread at T|C concerning Universe Web Browser with a download link. Do a search for it.

Also you can skweezer with Blazer for full web sites.

Opera does the best overall browsing but it won't integrate with the OS (clicking URLs in email won't launch Opera) and Opera also doesn't remember what site you were last on so if you leave the app and come back you need to start browsing from the start page.

Opera may crash from time to time, but it's the smooth scrolling browser out there. Also, Blazer locks up while loading pages meaning it's hard to scroll and start reading until most or all of the page has downloaded. Opera is far better in this regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianV View Post
    Opera does the best overall browsing but it won't integrate with the OS (clicking URLs in email won't launch Opera) and Opera also doesn't remember what site you were last on so if you leave the app and come back you need to start browsing from the start page.
    That's correct, Opera is not recognized as a possible default app by the OS.

Also, Opera stores your History (Cache) and Cookies on the Opera server. So Opera has no reference on your device to re-open where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianV View Post
    Opera may crash from time to time, but it's the smooth scrolling browser out there. Also, Blazer locks up while loading pages meaning it's hard to scroll and start reading until most or all of the page has downloaded. Opera is far better in this regard.
    I don't have any Blazer freeze up or crash issues. Try dumping your Blazer History Cache every once in a while. I typically scroll through Blazer and tap another button before Blazer finishes loading. No issues with that.

My Opera Mini ocassional crash issue seems to be related to FieldPlus.

One thing I noticed with Blazer. When your Palm OS is fairly clean it opens and closes very quickly.

After a while of installing/removing a lot of apps + general use, OCCASIONALLY Blazer takes a long time to load up for the first time from a reset (white screen), maybe 5-10 seconds. This is with cache clear, cookies cleared, autofill disabled and even when cache is set to 0mb, so it isn't any of those issues (i know how to manage those anyways). After you get past that white screen loading time, it works faster for every load after that. Pretty weird.

I haven't been able to figure out why this happens though.

I finally tweaked my JVM settings to where Opera Mini 4 is very stable. Some websites Opera Mini will seemingly hang during loading, but Blazer/PIE/all mobile browsers can be prone to this and it's not very often.
    I use blazer nearly all the time. I typically just bookmark mobile versions of the usual sites I visit. (macworld, macrumors, etc.) and it's pretty fine. If I need a site rendered I use google mobile and have the settings set to reformat for mobile screen. Lastly I use Opera if I need to view a site that just looks better than the mobile version (facebook because the mobile site's pics are way too small).
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001