1.    #1  
    I have tried to HotSync and each time it stalls on synchronizing Pics&Videos...what do I do now? I am using the 755
    Are there large video files on your phone or PC pics/video backup folder?

It will try to sync those large files to your PC or to your phone on a hotsync.

You can also bypass pics/videos in the hotsync settings
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    This happened to me, I had a corrupted video file and deleted it.
    I also have this issue. Each time I attempt to sync it stalls on Pics & Videos and I end up having to stop the sync. This cases the number of pics to multiply on my Treo.

I have deleted any corrupted pics. Is there a way to delete the file (what is it named) and will it recreate itself? Or is there another way to resolve this?

Meanwhile I have the hotsync mgr set to "do nothing" as a default for media.

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have my photos&videos conduit always set to Do Nothing as a default. After I take a bunch of photos and videos, I transfer them to a folder on my PC that I created for Treo Photos; it is inside my folder My Pictures on my PC. then I delete them on the treo, except for a few awesome ones that I like to look at a lot. This cuts down on the hotsync time, as a full photo/video folder on the Palm will try and sync every time, and videos really take a long time.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    I have my photos&videos conduit always set to Do Nothing as a default. After I take a bunch of photos and videos, I transfer them to a folder on my PC that I created for Treo Photos; it is inside my folder My Pictures on my PC. then I delete them on the treo, except for a few awesome ones that I like to look at a lot. This cuts down on the hotsync time, as a full photo/video folder on the Palm will try and sync every time, and videos really take a long time.
    dollface,
    How do you get photos from your PC to your Treo?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    dollface,
    How do you get photos from your PC to your Treo?
    TIA

I use a program called Card Reader v.1.07; it turns your treo into an external storage drive which your PC will recognize when you plug it in by USB. That way, you can open an explorer window of your SD card and just drag and drop your photos and videos into a folder on your PC, then delete them on the card.

www.mobile-stream.com
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    First time that happened to me I thought I screwed something up - but it was me adding 4 full length movies - take about a long sync time!

Now I've learned what is happening - you can either changed your settings or wait for the long sync time if you put a lot of stuff on your card.

I've got half a dozen or so full length movies on my 4gb card - the first time I sync it stalled (or so I thought) so I canceled and resync'd again and got double the pics and videos - so don't cancel just let it run thru :-) - once it is run thru it will sync at normal speed again unless you add another movie or just a hugh number of photos equal in size to movies.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Yeah that is basically why I disabled media sync. I don't really find media sync that useful anyhow, considering using a card reader transfers large files insanely faster and you can just email yourself or BT beam small files if you really want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Yeah that is basically why I disabled media sync. I don't really find media sync that useful anyhow, considering using a card reader transfers large files insanely faster and you can just email yourself or BT beam small files if you really want to.
    Papped, your avatar kills me
    Domokun is awesome
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for the replies..I am going to check that out