Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Announcing SafeGuard!!

Does your Treo/Centro crash randomly? Do you want to know why your Treo/Centro crashes? Do you want to know what application is causing your beloved smartphone to reset?

SafeGurd is the answer! SafeGuard's advanced Crash Detection Technology (CDT) will help identify the reason for crashes on your Treo/Centro like no other applicaiton has ever done! It also knows how to recover your Treo/Centro from the dreaded Reset Loop of Death that comes from installing misbeahving 3rd party applications.

http://gotreosoftware.com/images/saf.../SG-Portal.JPG http://gotreosoftware.com/images/saf...%20Options.JPG http://gotreosoftware.com/images/saf...lm%20crash.JPG http://gotreosoftware.com/images/saf...LM%20Event.JPG

http://gotreosoftware.com/images/saf...0Detection.JPG

Features:
    • Stops the Reset Loop of Death senario
    • Identifies crashes that are caused by applications running in the background
    • Crash Knowledge Management Engine automatically prioritizes applications that cause crashes
    • Isolates troublesome background applications
    • Quarantine feature that temorarily stops applications from running so problems can be isolated
    • Displays all 3rd party applications that are installed in the main memory of your device
    • Displays all 3rd party applications that run in the background of your device
    • Displays the installation times for all 3rd party applications installed on your device
    • Displays the events that cause each background application to run
    • Allows for the sending of all SafeGuard data to remote support organizations via the internet for remote diagnostics
    • Maintains a complete history of all device crashes
    • Maintains a complete history of all device resets
    • Maintains a history of the application usage on your device
    • Helps keep your SD Card available for applications to use

This application comes with a 10 day trial period so please download it and see for yourself what SafeGuard has to offer.

(The official web site for SafeGuard is http://GoTreoSoftware.com but the actual web page for SafeGuard will not be available for a few days.)

Download Link

Purchase Link

User Manual

Report any support issues to support @ GoTreoSoftware.com

Thank you,

Jeff
    GoTreo Software, Inc.
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 03/10/2008 at 11:24 AM.
    I was part of the Beta program with SG. Jeff has created a very useful application to track software problems on your Treo. The user interface is clean and easy to navigate. The information reported can help your device be more stable.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Great app,and reveals lot of info as to what is causing problems.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    May I add very useful information, clean looking, easy to use, and great support! What more can you ask for? This is a must for all Treo user's, this gives you all the info you need after a crash, straight to the point! Thanks Jeff for another great & useful app!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Hi Jeff....

I installed SafeGuard today on my Sprint 700p (typically a very stabile device). I don't have any crash issues, except for the ocassional Opera Mini crash.

Anyway, I noticed 3 things with SafeGuard enabled:

I use Colorize and it always re-enables itself after a soft reset. With SafeGuard, I have to open Colorize and tap the edit button to get my Colorize selections back.

SafeGuard seems to take my CallRec 5.2 reg code out.

When I tap the 'Get' button in VersaMail, VersaMail grinds and grinds away at getting my mail.

I disabled SafeGuard, and Colorize is back to normal after a soft reset, my CallRec reg code remains in place and VersaMail connects and grabs my mail in a few seconds like it did before installing SafeGuard.

I just thought I would try SafeGuard to see what it can offer.

I have not installed any new apps (except SafeGuard), or updated any apps in the past week.

So it looks like a SafeGuard issue.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Hi Jeff....

I installed SafeGuard today on my Sprint 700p (typically a very stabile device). I don't have any crash issues, except for the ocassional Opera Mini crash.

I use Colorize and it always re-enables itself after a soft reset. With SafeGuard, I have to open Colorize and tap the edit button to get my Colorize selections back.

When I tap the 'Get' button in VersaMail, VersaMail grinds and grinds away at getting my mail.

I disabled SafeGuard, and Colorize is back to normal after a soft reset, my CallRec reg code remains in place and VersaMail connects and grabs my mail in a few seconds like it did before installing SafeGuard.

I have not installed any new apps (except SafeGuard), or updated any apps in the past week.

Interesting. Can you write to me at support @ GoTreoSoftware.com so we can look into your issues? I ran a long beta program and these apps were on people's devices and this issue did not surface. I will jump all over this and we will figure out what is happening. In your email include your contact number and a good time for me to call you.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Hi Jeff....

I was part of the beta test group. I'm using a Treo 755p (Sprint, ROM 1.07) and can make the following comments on your remarks:

1. I also use Colorize and noticed that it would not survive a soft reset. However, I started using it after I ran SafeGuard. So I never made the connection that SG could be the potential culprit. My current "work around" is to use 2PlayMe which starts Colorize after a soft-reset. Not nice but it does the job.

2. I'm also using CallRec 5.2 and have had no issues with SG in the past weeks whatsoever.

3. I'm using VersaMail (v3.5.5. post ROM update to 1.07, 4.0.1 pre ROM update to 1.07) also to sync with my work email (via Microsoft EAS) and private email (POP/SSL). No problems here again.

Overall SG is a pretty powerful program. It already helped me to track down a few issues I had in the past.

Cheers.
    No issues with CallRec either...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  9.    #9  
    I believe I found the problem with Colorize and probably the other things too. I will test out the soluiton more in the lab and if all goes well, I will release an update later tonight.

Jeff
    Now that's a great developer!

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for the plug! I need to do some more testing before I release the update so I will be missing the target of tonight. I will do my best to have it available tomorrow.

Jeff
    I like the idea of the program, but I am very disappointed with it Jeff.

I have a Sprint Centro and it's pretty solid.
    So solid, it only crashes about once a week.

I decided to try out SafeGuard to see if I can eliminate that "once a week crash."

Instead, SafeGuard totally made my Centro go crazy... literally!

With SafeGuard enabled, my Centro would crash every other time I receive an incoming phone call.
    I would actually see my Centro wake up with the incoming call screen and then it would instantly crash.

I have a feeling why this might be happening. I use Ringo Pro as my ringtone manager, so maybe something with Ringo Pro and SafeGuard isn't mixing?

Besides that, I have VersaMail check my Gmail every hour.
    Every few hours my Centro would crash at the exact time my Gmail syncs.

Well, I decided to use SafeGuard to my advantage and see why my device was crashing... and it listed VersaMail as the source.

How can VersaMail be the source of my Centro crashing if it never crashed before I installed SafeGuard?

I don't know what to say other than I'd like to work with you to resolve these issues.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    I like the idea of the program, but I am very disappointed with it Jeff.

I have a Sprint Centro and it's pretty solid.
    So solid, it only crashes about once a week.

I decided to try out SafeGuard to see if I can eliminate that "once a week crash."

Instead, SafeGuard totally made my Centro go crazy... literally!

With SafeGuard enabled, my Centro would crash every other time I receive an incoming phone call.
    I would actually see my Centro wake up with the incoming call screen and then it would instantly crash.

I have a feeling why this might be happening. I use Ringo Pro as my ringtone manager, so maybe something with Ringo Pro and SafeGuard isn't mixing?

Besides that, I have VersaMail check my Gmail every hour.
    Every few hours my Centro would crash at the exact time my Gmail syncs.

Well, I decided to use SafeGuard to my advantage and see why my device was crashing... and it listed VersaMail as the source.

How can VersaMail be the source of my Centro crashing if it never crashed before I installed SafeGuard?

I don't know what to say other than I'd like to work with you to resolve these issues.
    The updated version of SafeGuard (version 2.02) is now available.

It fixes problems with interface problems with several applications:
    - LightWav
    - Colorize
    - Resco
    - Avantgo

Others may well have been effected as well. This version of SafeGuard should address all of the compatibility issues.

To upgrade just disable your existing version of SafeGuard and install the version at this URL: http://gotreosoftware.com/SafeGuardDownload.html

Please report any issues to: support @ GoTreoSoftware.com

Thanks,

Jeff
    Just thought I would add a little "testimonial".

I was in the Beta test group. During it, I had an issue where the running man wasn't showing up, and as part of troubleshooting I was on the phone with Jeff. He addressed the random phone reset issues I was having by suggesting that I use some tape to thicken the SIM card. I really think that's helped the random phone resets, but that's not what this is about. I was having something crash when the phone would cycle like that, and couldn't figure out what it was. Using SafeGuard, I started quarantining applications to try and determine the cause. SafeGuard allowed me to rule out which applications were the issue, since the crash would continue when those applications were quarantined. The crash and reset log kept pointing to Initiate as the source, but I couldn't imagine what Initiate had to do with phone functionality. I just figured it was because that was what was running at the time. I should have listened to SafeGuard, because I took a hard look at Initiate and realized it has a phone status icon. I turned off that icon/status, and lo and behold my crashes on phone resets stopped. I can now safely turn my phone off without it resetting. I used to wake up every morning with having had a crash overnight. Now that's a thing of the past. My Treo hasbeen very stable. I am very pleased by what SafeGuard has done for my phone.

What's also handy is that you can send your info via remote support and help developers track down what's going on in their applications that is causing the crashes.
    I was a beta tester and love the product. The only "But" i'll throw out there is the upgrade process. Following the directions, I first disable Safeguard. 9 out 10 times, my 680 freezes which causes me to take the battery out and reset. Fine, BUT, my 680 then goes into a reset loop, the same thing SafeGuard is designed to protect against.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    I was a beta tester and love the product. The only "But" i'll throw out there is the upgrade process. Following the directions, I first disable Safeguard. 9 out 10 times, my 680 freezes which causes me to take the battery out and reset. Fine, BUT, my 680 then goes into a reset loop, the same thing SafeGuard is designed to protect against.
    Is this still with the official release? It could be that you have some lingering files left over fropm the beta period. This upgrade process works as far as I can tell.

1) Disable the current version of SafeGuard
    2) Download the new version of SafeGuard
    3) Run SafeGuard
    4) Turn SafeGuard back ON
    5) Soft Reset if requested by SafeGuard

I use this process on all of my lab phones (650, 700p, 755p, 680, Centro CDMA, Centro GSM) and it works every time.

If this problem continues, please call me and we will dig into the details and find a resolution.

Jeff
    Yes, still was the beta, but i put the Key in. I did turn the beta off, but the screen froze before I could do anything else. As soon as I unchecked the "enable" box, it converted to "Working" from "on", then froze. I reset it and then the loop. I hard reset, went to my backup(on card), selective restore w/out Safeguard and it still resets. I don't knwo what to do, short of doing a hard reset and start over.
  18.    #18  
    Yes, still was the beta, but i put the Key in. I did turn the beta off, but the screen froze before I could do anything else. As soon as I unchecked the "enable" box, it converted to "Working" from "on", then froze. I reset it and then the loop. I hard reset, went to my backup(on card), selective restore w/out Safeguard and it still resets. I don't knwo what to do, short of doing a hard reset and start over.
    Like I said, call me and I will help you get rid of the old beta code and files. I am sure this is what is causing the problem for you. Look back in the beta emails I sent and you wilkl find my phone number. If you can't find it, send a email to support @ GoTreoSoftware.com and I will send it to you.

Jeff
    K-will call soon. i have my boss breathing down my neck, so I need to hold off on a phone call for a little bit. But, here are the files for SG I have , via FIle Z:

SafeGuard-!!!
    SafeGuard-Alarm
    SafeGuard-BG
    SafeGuard-PreferencesDB
    SafeGuard-NotificationDB
    SafeGuard
    SafeGuard-DisabledApps
  20.    #20  
    K-will call soon. i have my boss breathing down my neck, so I need to hold off on a phone call for a little bit. But, here are the files for SG I have , via FIle Z:

SafeGuard-!!!
    SafeGuard-Alarm
    SafeGuard-BG
    SafeGuard-PreferencesDB
    SafeGuard-NotificationDB
    SafeGuard
    SafeGuard-DisabledApps
    These are the right files, but you probably have beta versions of them left over from the beta program.

Call when you can. I will be here all day/night.

Jeff
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast