Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    That's terrific!

I will have a version 2.04 very soon. It adds automatic backup and restore of SafeGuard files. Since SafeGuard is not allowing HotSync to backup any of its files, users were loosing SafeGuard data when they restored from Hard Resets. If you have an SD Card in your device, SafeGuard will now do a backup of all SafeGuard data every time you exit the SafeGuard application. In this way, there is always a good copy of SafeGuard's data files and quarantine information saved on the SD Card. Now when you run SafeGuard for the first time after a Hard Reset, SafeGuard will detect the backup set on the SD Card and completely restore itself.

Jeff
    Jeff, when I check for updates within the app (using 2.03 from this thread) I'm told that there is a newer version available. Is this 2.04?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    Jeff, when I check for updates within the app (using 2.03 from this thread) I'm told that there is a newer version available. Is this 2.04?
    I am working on version 2.04. Got everything working in it tonight and will release tomorrow afternoon if all goes well with my internal QA tomorrow morning. Since 2.03 is not an official release, the Check For Updates button will show a new version irrespective of 2.04 being posted or not since the server thinks 2.02 is the current release. I only put 2.03 out to test some changes to see if they solved issues reported in the field and to let some people test out the new uninstall utility.

Jeff
    Jeff,
    If we use the uninstall utility in SafeGuard, is it the same as using the native palm "delete" function".

Also, if we have Uninstall Manager on our device, how does the SafeGuard uninstall untility affect it?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Jeff,
    If we use the uninstall utility in SafeGuard, is it the same as using the native palm "delete" function".

Also, if we have Uninstall Manager on our device, how does the SafeGuard uninstall untility affect it?
    TIA
    The uninstall manager is automatic! You never run it directly. It senses when SafeGuard is being deleted with the Palm delete utility (or any other applicaiton that can delete applications). When it sees the delete request, it will kick into gear and ask if you are upgrading SafeGuard or removing the application. If you are just upgrading, it only removes the SafeGuard.prc file. If you are removing the application, it will completely remove all SafeGuard components together with the uninstall utility.

As for Uninstall Manager, I have no idea how it works but when it tries to delete SafeGuard, the process described above will still apply.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    The uninstall manager is automatic! You never run it directly. It senses when SafeGuard is being deleted with the Palm delete utility (or any other applicaiton that can delete applications). When it sees the delete request, it will kick into gear and ask if you are upgrading SafeGuard or removing the application. If you are just upgrading, it only removes the SafeGuard.prc file. If you are removing the application, it will completely remove all SafeGuard components together with the uninstall utility.

As for Uninstall Manager, I have no idea how it works but when it tries to delete SafeGuard, the process described above will still apply.

Jeff
    Got it.
    Tks Jeff
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  6.    #46  
    Version 2.04 of SafeGuard was just posted to the GoTreo website.

SafeGuard Website

Jeff
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123