1.    #1  
    So, I was too excited at the prospect of maybe our Centro getting some aGPS love...especially with the long-standing rumors of a software update to come soon.

I have edited out the original post as I think I jumped the gun without having a lot of knowledge on the subject.
    Last edited by decypher44; 03/11/2008 at 01:13 PM.
  2.    #2  
    BTW, this entirely speculation that the Centro may get a similar update. I know HTC and Palm are different companies, but I'm trying to be optimistic!
    Kinda old news though. Mogul was promised a Rev A unlock months ago last year.

It just came through this year (Jan i believe) but it was promised a long long time ago. Also I believe the Centro/755p cannot support Rev A
    The Centro's chipset does not support GPS and Rev A. Only EVDO 1.0 and eGPS.
    Given GPS and revA, anyone have any thoughts on the Mogul vs. Treo 755p? Does anyone know of any comparisons?
    Laissez Faire
    Just depends what you like. The Mogul used to be RIDICULOUSLY unstable, until the new rom in 2008 basically. Now it's much improved.

Mogul has a slide out keyboard that is larger, but I find having to slide out the keyboard every time annoying (the device is a bit awkward to hold while slid out) and requires 2 hand operation to type basically. The screen is 320x240, rather than 320x320, so the screen turns horizontal when you slide out the keyboard.

The mogul camera is better, since it's 2.0megapixel. It still has the issue of taking blurry pictures up close because the autofocus doesn't work terribly well.

Most of it is just WM6 vs PalmOS5 though. You can look up a lot of topics on that elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Given GPS and revA, anyone have any thoughts on the Mogul vs. Treo 755p? Does anyone know of any comparisons?
    Here's a review I did on the Mogul. I'm back with a Centro, but you can see the reasons why in the review. I loved the WM operating system and am actually looking forward to the 800w coming out so I can try it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=158630
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by decypher44 View Post
    So, the Mogul got a software update to utilize RevA and now GPS. Could this mean the Centro's update is coming soon? I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!

Engadget article on Mogul update
    How many different boards are you going to spam with the same post?
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Here's a review I did on the Mogul. I'm back with a Centro, but you can see the reasons why in the review. I loved the WM operating system and am actually looking forward to the 800w coming out so I can try it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=158630
    Very helpful. Thanks.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    The mogul camera is better, since it's 2.0megapixel.
    More pixels doesn't equate better quality. Don't buy into the marketing hype that consumer electronic manufacturers trying to sell you. Do some research.
    I'm not saying it's better simply because of the megapixels.

I'm saying it's better because I owned a Mogul and used the camera. I would consider that the best research you can possibly get.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    How many different boards are you going to spam with the same post?
    There are different people on different boards. Some boards are better than others. I'm not trying to spam.

If you take a look at the other boards (ex: SU) you'll notice some good discussions going on.
    Last edited by decypher44; 03/11/2008 at 01:30 PM.