1.    #1  
    i was trying to get my emails but the phone froze up on me so i did a soft reset and during boot up when the orange logo of palm comes up it froze again!
    so i did a soft reset again and it deleted all my memory!
    my contacts , memos, txts, emails and the worst part about it is that i didnt hotsyn the phone in about 2 months so there were some things that i did not have a back up of , numbers, notes and stuff
    is it lost forever?
    any idea what happen and what caused that ????
    Regardless of how it happened, a device based backup application should be considered, one that you set to back the device up at a specific time.

Ben
    NVBackup is a free program to consider for this function.
    I'm glad this has never happened to me but it happened to a friend of mine and she lost all her texts. On a memory standpoint it sorta makes sense that you lost your info while downloading your email. Any time data is written to memory and it is interrupted, it could potentially wipe out the memory. Same as if you were to copy data in lets say a memory card. If you pull out the card or interrupt the data copy it could wipe out your card. This happened to me before. I'm assuming text, email, contacts maybe are using the same allocation in RAM? But I guess either way, your data is pretty much lost at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartaholic View Post
    i was trying to get my emails but the phone froze up on me so i did a soft reset and during boot up when the orange logo of palm comes up it froze again!
    so i did a soft reset again and it deleted all my memory!
    my contacts , memos, txts, emails and the worst part about it is that i didnt hotsyn the phone in about 2 months so there were some things that i did not have a back up of , numbers, notes and stuff
    is it lost forever?
    any idea what happen and what caused that ????
    These are perfect situations to use SafeGuard! SafeGuard will detect crashes and it will automatically recover from boot time resets! These are also known as Reset Loop of Death and SafeGuard knows how to detect and quarantine the application that caused the boot up reset.

Download SafeGuard Here

Jeff
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    This happened to me a couple of times. Frustrating indeed.

I got Resco Backup and it has worked so far.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...