1.    #1  
    Can any of the clocks on the Centro be made to display seconds?

I'm one of those retentive types who likes to set their clocks to the second when making daylight savings time changes. Next to my WWV receiver (which is only picking up static), my Centro is the most accurate clock in the house.
    If you use Treo Launcher you can keep tapping the calender until one of the options is a seconds display, that is what I use when setting clocks to the second as well.
    I don't believe any of the built-in apps will display seconds, but I know CityTime and DateBk6 both can.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Watchmaker (freeware) provides a number of large clock styles with a sweep second hand.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/watchmaker.shtml
    Last edited by johncc; 03/10/2008 at 06:14 PM.
    I use MegaClock which is fantastic.
  6.    #6  
    Watchmaker did it. And some of those clocks look pretty sharp with the dark background. Thanks.
    It is quite easy to display seconds on the Centro.

This may not be quite what you are looking for as a clock but this is an example of what can be done.

This is a binary clock that can be shown in eight different modes. With a calendar display shown between each mode.
    Move the five way navigator up and down to scroll through the modes.
    Tap the screen to see the digital clock.
    Hit the enter key on the keyboard to exit.

Works on the Treo 600, 650, 680 and Centro.

Carl

Fixed a little glitch when display the calendar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by quickster; 03/16/2008 at 02:38 PM.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Oh gosh, we see you are back again! Ben
    Not to do any thread hi-jacking but...

Yea, it's hard to stay away sometimes from the things you really do enjoy. And I do still enjoy writing a few Palm apps.

Of course, the new Centro I'm now using, an unlocked one from the UK and using it on T-Mobile, has proven and is proving to be a really good phone and very reliable. Guess that encourages me to update some old apps and think about something new. And I do have a really cool one in the works.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Watchmaker (freeware) provides a number of large clock styles with a sweep second hand.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/watchmaker.shtml
    OK, I don't know what's up, but every time I try and down load this file directly from the Freewarepalm site to the Centro, I get this error message:

"Your device does not support this file type."

Isn't this an OS program? Please shed some light on this delimma.

Thanks.

P.S. I tried to do it from the laptop too, but I get an error message. Don't know if this is a Foxfire issue or not.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    It's a zip file. You need to download to your computer first, unpack it (right click it and select "unpack here"), and then install it. I've got the program on my centro, but I don't particularly like it that much. I'd like a nice big digital display w/out the big 0 all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    OK, I don't know what's up, but every time I try and down load this file directly from the Freewarepalm site to the Centro, I get this error message:

"Your device does not support this file type."

Isn't this an OS program? Please shed some light on this delimma.

Thanks.

P.S. I tried to do it from the laptop too, but I get an error message. Don't know if this is a Foxfire issue or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by amm888 View Post
    It's a zip file. You need to download to your computer first, unpack it (right click it and select "unpack here"), and then install it. I've got the program on my centro, but I don't particularly like it that much. I'd like a nice big digital display w/out the big 0 all the time.
    Thanks!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre