Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got a treo 755p and i was wondering if there was anyway to speed up the os. im used to win mo with the task monitor to stop running processes but cant seem to find a similar feature in the palm os.

also can you delete things from the homescreen without screwing stuff up?

I've noticed some lag when switching applications like to messages and back to the homescreen. also when i turn the phone on it lags to prompt me with the keylock about 2-3 seconds.
    Last edited by mrdonbonjovi; 03/09/2008 at 11:57 AM.
    For speed up search for overclock or lightspeed on here. Plently of recent discussion.

Palm OS is not multitasking. Only one application runs at once. Well designed programs save their state between runs, giving the impression of task swapping.

The easiest way to remove icons from your launcher screen is using categories. ie Put those you want into one category and elect to only display that category. 3rd party launchers provide more comprehensive solutions.

Can't help with the lag (especially on a new Treo). I believe that there has been discussion previously.
  3.    #3  
    I was using Brightcam and it basically adjusted the screen brightness and did ringtone adjustment based on the sensors from the camera... got rid of that and no more issues. Haha whoops.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdonbonjovi View Post
    also can you delete things from the homescreen without screwing stuff up?
    This will hide any applications from the home without having to mess with the categories. It won't screw anything up because you can just unhide it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...05&postcount=4
    SafeGuard will show you all of the 3rd party applications on your device that run in the background. Additioanlly it tells you what events cause these applications to run in the background! With this information, you can isolate the applications that are causing slowdowns. There is even a feature in SafeGuard that allows you to Quarantine applications temorarily to see the impact that application has on your device's performance. Quarantining simply stops an application from running but does not effect any of the application's data. Then you can easily tell SafeGuard to re-activate this application or to remove it completely.

Jeff
    I've noticed some lag when switching applications like to messages and back to the homescreen. also when i turn the phone on it lags to prompt me with the keylock about 2-3 seconds.
    Are you using Butler?
    I just got a treo 755p and i was wondering if there was anyway to speed up the os.
    mrdonbonjovi,

Lightspeed is what you are looking for. It will speed up your 755 and help get rid of those delays you are seeing.

We have just released an update to Lightspeed with further improvements. Fore more info and to download the new 3.1 version you can go to our website www.clievideo.com.
    <a href="http://www.clievideo.com/images/devices.jpg">My Palm OS Garnet and Cobalt devices.</a>
    Speed up your Treo/Centro with <a href="http://www.clievideo.com">Lightspeed!</a>
    I would recommend doing some cleanup first, then installing Lightspeed.

Just make a NVBackup, do a hard reset then do a selective restore.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I would recommend doing some cleanup first, then installing Lightspeed.

Just make a NVBackup, do a hard reset then do a selective restore.

Hmmmm, Papped, that's an odd looking 755 you have there in your profile
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by clievideo View Post
    mrdonbonjovi,

Lightspeed is what you are looking for. It will speed up your 755 and help get rid of those delays you are seeing.

We have just released an update to Lightspeed with further improvements. Fore more info and to download the new 3.1 version you can go to our website www.clievideo.com.

Hi, I just emailed your website with a question but it was returned. I wanted to know if the app "Palm Webcam" will work with a 755, it only shows a treo600 as the highest model. Thanks, and sorry for the thread highjack.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Hmmmm, Papped, that's an odd looking 755 you have there in your profile
    I'm not using my 755p anymore o.O
    I'm not using my 755p anymore o.O
    I see that, so how is the Moto Q 9? Did you just want to go to WM6? Good luck and enjoy!
    I like it so far, took some getting used to no touchscreen as my last 3 devices had one.

But PocketIE or Opera Mini 4.1 (on stable Esmertec JBED) with the cache moved to the SD card + OpenDNS hack flies. It's pretty ridiculous.

The built in gps is pretty nice too.
    I like it so far, took some getting used to no touchscreen as my last 3 devices had one.

But PocketIE or Opera Mini 4.1 (on stable Esmertec JBED) with the cache moved to the SD card + OpenDNS hack flies. It's pretty ridiculous.
    Wow, no touch screen? I have a Dell Axim x51v that is WM5 and it has a touch screen. I may sound stupid, but how do you manipulate the stuff on the screen? Lucky you though, with a stable Opera Mini.
    What do you mean particularly by manipulate? In general software is designed to navigate with dpad or the two softkeys (which are actually the left and right ardkeys).
    that is what I mean, how do you get around the screen, open programs, choose things on the screen, since it is not a touch screen. I think you answered my question.
    Yeah, there's also a "back" button, "home" button, dediceated mail/camera/sms buttons, etc.
    Upgraded to 3.1 from Registered 3.0. Deleted prc only and installed 3.1prc. (3.1 wouldn't install over disabled and soft reset 3.0).

Now, EVERY time I click the left or right 5-way more than once, the device resets. This NEVER happened with 3.0.

I will try it out a few more resets to be certain LS is the problem before going back to 3.0. NOTHING else has changed other than 3.1. 3.0 was totally stable on my device.

bk
    krazman,

Do it this way:

1 Soft reset.
    2 Do not reactivate Lightspeed after the soft reset.
    3 Install new version over old version.
    4 Done.

If you delete LS from the launcher first, you will lose al previous settings - if you install following the above method it will save your settings. Hope this helps.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Things went from bad to worse very quickly. ANY button push or ANY screen tap resulted in reset. Couldn't get into LS 3.1 to disable it so I did a hard reset and fully restored from NVBackup. Now I'm back to LS 3.0 with no problems. That was only the 2nd hard reset I have had since I bought this device 12/07. I average fewer than 1 spontaneous soft reset per week. I Do have things set to soft reset following every hotsync and every nightly full NVBackup.

While running 3.1, it seemed like EVERYTHING (even apps not overclocked) ran much faster at the same 3.0 settings than they did on 3.0. I don't know if that is what was really happening or if it just seemed that way.

In any case, I will not be updating to 3.1 again until I see some posts from other people stating that 3.1 or above is stable on their 755p!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast