Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MouseGlider

I did do it like that. That's the problem....it didn't work. I deleted the prc only (not the pdb or prefs) and installed the 3.1 prc. Worked long enough for me to enable it, then the problems started and I couldn't get into LS to disable it . See post above.

Is 3.1 working on your 755p?

bk
    Said I wouldn't but I did re-install 3.1. After 1-2 minor soft resets when clearing cache this 755p runs incredibly fast esp anything EVDO like Blazer and updating apps directly on the device.

I have not had anymore resets. The initial update installation of 3.1 must have been corrupt. It seems to be running well now. I do have to be careful not to do too much at once. I use PDAReach and I can't do everything (while using PDAReach) that I did with 3.0 or it will reset. HOWEVER, aside from a 1-2 second lag from LauncherX to whatever app I am trying to open, this thing screams!!! I d/l the 560MB TakePhone update this morning and the d/l took less than 5 seconds. Used to take 8-10 seconds. I have not changed any of the speed settings from 3.0 to 3.1.

I'll post more if I have any more problems. Otherwise...no news is good news!
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Hi, I just emailed your website with a question but it was returned.
    What was the error message you received?

Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    I wanted to know if the app "Palm Webcam" will work with a 755, it only shows a treo600 as the highest model. Thanks, and sorry for the thread highjack.
    The currently released version does not, the next version will support the 755.
    <a href="http://www.clievideo.com/images/devices.jpg">My Palm OS Garnet and Cobalt devices.</a>
    Speed up your Treo/Centro with <a href="http://www.clievideo.com">Lightspeed!</a>
    Anyone have recommended settings for LightSpeed? I installed it and I'm half afraid to change something for fear I send it into a loop reset or something.
    gpshemi-

Do a search for "LightSpeed" for all of TreoCentral and you should find a much longer thread that discusses various LS settings that have been successful and those that have caused crashes/loops. Each device will act differently at different speeds. I personally use 234 x 2.5 = 585 as the high setting and a default that equals 416, but this speed has caused crashes for some people and caused crashes or the dreaded battery count down (DBCD?) in some apps on my device. You just have to experiment and be unafraid to do a hard reset. I use NVBackup for BU and restore with a copy of NVBackup on the card. You can't rely on the Palm hotsync BU!

BACK UP FULLY BEFORE MAKING ANY SPEED CHANGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't stress this enough as you may have to do a hard reset to get out of a loop (some times a warm reset will not get you out of the loop caused by LS). Read that other thread from start to finish before you make any changes.

bk
    Quote Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
    Anyone have recommended settings for LightSpeed? I installed it and I'm half afraid to change something for fear I send it into a loop reset or something.
    You can use the 208/520 setting when overclocking and the 104/104 setting for underclocking.

There is no need to fear that Lightspeed will cause a reset loop or a hard reset or similar. This just does not happen with the use of Lightspeed, it is very stable. The only feedback like that comes from krazman in this thread, and that was due to his installation of 3.1 from 3.0 somehow got corrupted.
    <a href="http://www.clievideo.com/images/devices.jpg">My Palm OS Garnet and Cobalt devices.</a>
    Speed up your Treo/Centro with <a href="http://www.clievideo.com">Lightspeed!</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by krazman View Post
    gpshemi-

Do a search for "LightSpeed" for all of TreoCentral and you should find a much longer thread that discusses various LS settings that have been successful and those that have caused crashes/loops. Each device will act differently at different speeds. I personally use 234 x 2.5 = 585 as the high setting and a default that equals 416, but this speed has caused crashes for some people and caused crashes or the dreaded battery count down (DBCD?) in some apps on my device. You just have to experiment and be unafraid to do a hard reset. I use NVBackup for BU and restore with a copy of NVBackup on the card. You can't rely on the Palm hotsync BU!

BACK UP FULLY BEFORE MAKING ANY SPEED CHANGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't stress this enough as you may have to do a hard reset to get out of a loop (some times a warm reset will not get you out of the loop caused by LS). Read that other thread from start to finish before you make any changes.

bk
    I would have to disagree with what you are writing krazman. Feedback of reset loops or hard resets are nonexistant. Are you talking about your corrupt installation of v3.1 or some other scenario?

The 700p/755P should use bus speeds below 234 Mhz. 234 or over will reveal the bug in the system code when it will falsely believe that the battery level is at 0 percent. This is not a bug in Lightspeed, it is a bug in the system code that reads the battery level for bus speeds at 234 Mhz or higher.
    First, let me say that I am a very happy REGISTERED user of LightSpeed. I was in no way badmouthing LS. I know I am not the only person who has had problems. I have read other posts regarding the 0 battery problem. Whether LS or Palm OS is causing the problem, as a user, I don't care. When the two are combined (LS + Palm Bug) the result is the 0 battery reset. If one is not using LS then the 0 battery bug doesn't appear. If this was triggered while in LauncherX and the device resets, it returns to LauncherX and repeats until a hard reset is done. A warm reset will not break this reset cycle. That was my point. If a hard reset is done, an accurate Backup will need to be restored. I wasn't knocking LS, only stating a common fact, which is - before installing and using apps that may change system settings or system performance, one needs to have a good backup on hand.

While my 755p and it's combination of apps is very stable @ 585, others have reported in various threads that theirs will not run with stability at that setting and they have backed it off to the 208/520 setting you have just recommended. Some have stated that they had problems when different plugins used by the same overclocked app were not at the same setting (I am referring to that long thread here @ TC regarding LS).

To answer your question, I have noticed this behavior since purchasing the 3.0beta version 1/20/08 (4 days after release). The other problem that I had when updating from 3.0 to 3.1 was described in detail above and I also took the time to immediately post that everything is running well with 3.1 upon a hard reset and re-installation of 3.1. I'm sorry that I have irritated you.

Here is the thread I am referring to: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=SAG

See entries #246-250ish for speed settings and problems and #269 for mention of having a good BU on hand. I am certainly not the first to post problems nor the first to recommend having a BU on hand. My statement of Don't be afraid to do a hard reset meant just that. If you are afraid to do a hard reset, then you should proceed with caution when making major changes to the way your device operates. If you have no fear of hard resets, then jump right in. I didn't mean that LS CAUSES hard resets. IMO, everyone should do a hard reset when they get their device to see how it's done and how to recover from it. You don't want to learn AFTER your device crashes and you are 500 miles from your PC and Palm Desktop!

Having said all of that, I fail to see what you disagree with. Are you stating that your app is so safe that one would be foolish or wasting one's time to BU before enabling LS? I stated my speed settings and said to try lower settings first and to proceed with caution. You posted a safer setting that was lower than my settings, so what is the difference between my advice and your advice other than your's is from the developer. My advice came from my use, trials, and mistakes as the 3.0beta came with no speed setting documentation (I just re-read my original d/l manual file). We said the same thing!

That's my 2 cents, clievideo. From here on I will be a silent user of LS.

bk
    Quote Originally Posted by krazman View Post
    First, let me say that I am a very happy REGISTERED user of LightSpeed. I was in no way badmouthing LS. I know I am not the only person who has had problems. I have read other posts regarding the 0 battery problem. Whether LS or Palm OS is causing the problem, as a user, I don't care. When the two are combined (LS + Palm Bug) the result is the 0 battery reset. If one is not using LS then the 0 battery bug doesn't appear. If this was triggered while in LauncherX and the device resets, it returns to LauncherX and repeats until a hard reset is done. A warm reset will not break this reset cycle. That was my point. If a hard reset is done, an accurate Backup will need to be restored. I wasn't knocking LS, only stating a common fact, which is - before installing and using apps that may change system settings or system performance, one needs to have a good backup on hand.

While my 755p and it's combination of apps is very stable @ 585, others have reported in various threads that theirs will not run with stability at that setting and they have backed it off to the 208/520 setting you have just recommended. Some have stated that they had problems when different plugins used by the same overclocked app were not at the same setting (I am referring to that long thread here @ TC regarding LS).

To answer your question, I have noticed this behavior since purchasing the 3.0beta version 1/20/08 (4 days after release). The other problem that I had when updating from 3.0 to 3.1 was described in detail above and I also took the time to immediately post that everything is running well with 3.1 upon a hard reset and re-installation of 3.1. I'm sorry that I have irritated you.

Here is the thread I am referring to: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=SAG

See entries #246-250ish for speed settings and problems and #269 for mention of having a good BU on hand. I am certainly not the first to post problems nor the first to recommend having a BU on hand. My statement of Don't be afraid to do a hard reset meant just that. If you are afraid to do a hard reset, then you should proceed with caution when making major changes to the way your device operates. If you have no fear of hard resets, then jump right in. I didn't mean that LS CAUSES hard resets. IMO, everyone should do a hard reset when they get their device to see how it's done and how to recover from it. You don't want to learn AFTER your device crashes and you are 500 miles from your PC and Palm Desktop!

Having said all of that, I fail to see what you disagree with. Are you stating that your app is so safe that one would be foolish or wasting one's time to BU before enabling LS? I stated my speed settings and said to try lower settings first and to proceed with caution. You posted a safer setting that was lower than my settings, so what is the difference between my advice and your advice other than your's is from the developer. My advice came from my use, trials, and mistakes as the 3.0beta came with no speed setting documentation (I just re-read my original d/l manual file). We said the same thing!

That's my 2 cents, clievideo. From here on I will be a silent user of LS.

bk
    I agree with you that before installing any new application it is good advice to backup your data. What I disagreed with was that Lightspeed would cause reset loops or hard resets since there has been no feedback of that.

About the low battery level warning, with the 3.0 final version, settings with a bus speed of over 221 Mhz has been marked in red in Lightspeed on the 700P and 755P devices. Staying below bus speeds marked in red on the 700P/755P will keep a low enough bus speed so that the system code will not falsely believe that the battery level is low.

In the same way that CPU speeds over 600 Mhz are marked in red. On some devices that speed will not work, but on some devices it will work and that is why it is possible to choose those settings in Lightspeed, only with a red mark that says that that setting will not work on all devices.

You have not irritated me krazman and there is no need to be a silent LS user, I disagreed to the above and since you in your last post says that you did not actually mean that Lightspeed causes hard resets then we no longer disagree.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12