1.    #1  
    Now that everyone has had time to use their Centros, can anyone tell me how well the speaker phone works on the Centro? This was a HUGE downfall on my 650 and I am hoping it works much better on the Centro as I really like that feature.
    I have had my Sprint Centro for several months now and the speakerphone works great for me. It's very loud and I have not had anyone complain about the quality from my end.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    It's way louder than the 650.
    Agreed, the sound levels on the Centro are much better than my old 650, to the point that I haven't even bothered to bring VolumeCare across to the Centro.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    very loud!!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Much improved...I use it all the time on my Centro, it was horrible on my 650
    Works very well. So well, in fact, that I stopped looking for a Bluetooth headphone. I bought a holder for $7 bucks and I just use the speakerphone while I'm driving. I've asked everyone how the sound is coming through and they say just fine. Most didn't even realize I was ON speakerphone.

Of course, the windows need to be up and the radio down, but it does work well enough for me.
    Speakerphone isn't appropriate for public use though, so the BT might still be needed. In which case I recommend the Jawbone.
    Quote Originally Posted by akaivyleaf View Post
    Speakerphone isn't appropriate for public use though, so the BT might still be needed. In which case I recommend the Jawbone.
    I'd love to get the Jawbone, but seems too pricey compared to other BT sets. Too bad I wasn't at CES when they were trading people new Jawbones for ANY old BT set they were using.
    eBay. lol.
    VolumeCare gives you an additional 10 decibels of volume from both the handset and speakerphone on the Centro!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    VolumeCare gives you an additional 10 decibels of volume from both the handset and speakerphone on the Centro!

Jeff
    Isn't there a danger of blowing the speaker when using utilities like this?

I have tried a demo of phone technician which has this feature but I am a bit worried about using it
    Quote Originally Posted by colonel k View Post
    Isn't there a danger of blowing the speaker when using utilities like this?

I have tried a demo of phone technician which has this feature but I am a bit worried about using it
    The statistics I have say no. Over 100,000 Treo's have VolumeCare on them and I have had less than 6 confirmed reports of speaker failure while VolumeCare has been loaded. In fact, I have seen more reports of speaker failure on devices without VolumeCare even loaded. Now it it possible to to damage "any" speaker - TV, car speaker, etc..... But the limits built into the Treo are well within the speaker's tolerances. VolumeCare just unlocks the "hidden" volume that is already in the device but just not accessable without VolumeCare.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    The statistics I have say no. Over 100,000 Treo's have VolumeCare on them and I have had less than 6 confirmed reports of speaker failure while VolumeCare has been loaded. In fact, I have seen more reports of speaker failure on devices without VolumeCare even loaded. Now it it possible to to damage "any" speaker - TV, car speaker, etc..... But the limits built into the Treo are well within the speaker's tolerances. VolumeCare just unlocks the "hidden" volume that is already in the device but just not accessable without VolumeCare.

Jeff
    Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a go.

Does anyone know if volumecare is louder than phone technician?
    Quote Originally Posted by colonel k View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a go.

Does anyone know if volumecare is louder than phone technician?
    They both use similar technology but VolumeCare is much more comprehensive on the control you get per speaker and also allows you to control the MIC volume and independantly control the ringtone volume.

Jeff