1.    #1  
    So I got a Centro from AT&T and it's unlocked and being used on T-Mobile.
    Anyways I get this email from AT&T today:

Thank you for your recent upgrade. By now, you should have received your new Palm? Centro - Glacier White for phone number .

Take your phone to the next level with 3G

With your new Palm? Centro - Glacier White is a 3G SIM card-and a new world of possibilities. Now you can enjoy high-speed access to email, the Web, video clips, and so much more. Your phone can multitask as well as you do, wherever you are, with the latest in wireless technology from AT&T: 3G.

Learn more about 3G

It's easy to get started using 3G. Just activate the 3G SIM card you received with your new device. Visit our activations website and follow the easy steps below, or call 1-866-895-1099.
    1. Go to att.com/activations

2. Select the ‘an equipment upgrade’ option for activation type.

3. Enter your wireless number, verification method, and the verification number and select ‘Next’.

Thank you for being a AT&T customer.

Sincerely,
    AT&T
    And of course, at the top of the email was this huge picture:
    http://www.ecom.wireless.att.com/bdv...ail_banner.gif
    [QUOTE=nXt;1418204]So I got a Centro from AT&T and it's unlocked and being used on T-Mobile.
    Anyways I get this email from AT&T today:

Would be nice if it was really available. Is it true that Palm OS can't use 3G?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Phillips View Post
    Would be nice if it was really available. Is it true that Palm OS can't use 3G?
    Isnt the sprint Centro 3G? I know I have EVDO coverage, which is way fast enough.
    sprint is 3g, it is ev-do. at&t's centro is on edge, and 2.5g.
    Last edited by matty032; 03/19/2008 at 04:17 PM. Reason: got gprs, and edge backwards..
    Matty
    Palm OS can handle 3G (EvDO is 3G) it just can't handle the requirements of GSM 3G (ATT). From what I understand the crux is the ability to handle data and voice simultaneously. Palm OS can't. Not a problem for Sprint and Verizon because they have not chosen to implement 3G in that manner. At least that is how I understand things.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    sprint is 3g, it is ev-do. at&t's centro is on edge, and 2.5g.
    In Australia, they are now selling phones claiming to be 3.5 G. What is that?
    Well, technically EDGE is 3G. But in practice, yes, it is only considered to be 2.5.