I just wanted to share my surprise...

I've been using my Treo 650 on Sprint for almost two years now, and over the past couple of months it has been dropping calls here and there. I discussed this with the sprint reps online and on the phone, who were as helpful as they could be without having the actual phone in hand, but I haven't gotten a chance to bring it into a store to have it looked at.

Yesterday, frustrated by yet another dropped call (I'd say it happens at least once a week, and I don't get/make many calls), I decided to find my old Treo 600 (also a sprint phone, but I had previously only used it on Verizon) to see if the problem is with just my 650, or with Sprint in my area.

It's only been a day, and I didn't really expect to find out anything about the dropped calls. I did have two calls, and one of them dropped, but it's not uncommon for that to happen at my desk at work, so I don't count it as a big deal yet... I'm waiting to find out what happens at home.

However, I have found an unexpected benefit... much stronger signal! I can get a pretty strong signal, and even in a part of the building where the 650 would always constantly lose/regain its connection I was able to connect to the web and download the treocentral page faster than I've ever done it on the 650!

I'm definitely going to be missing my bluetooth, as well as the relatively up-to-date applications that I have on my 650, during this experiment... but color me pleasantly surprised... I might not have to switch carriers as I was afraid I might have to (after all, the only problem I've had with my time on Sprint has been connectivity with my 650). I have to answer that question before I upgrade to my next phone!