Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    So the Treo 680 comes with a lot of apps on it: DocsToGo and pTunes specifically.

but when you do a major software update, from 7 to 10 of docstogo for example... does it really replace the old version or just take up more space?

and if it takes up more space... would putting the newer versions default into a custom rom be a good solution?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    The upgrade resides in ram.. There's no way to replace the ROM version. DTG will mostly live on the SD card, but...

Honestly, with 64M of storage, there's not a big issue with this IMO.. With the 650 it was, 22M of ram ran out quick.

Putting the new versions in ROM might be possible if they aren't larger, but I'm not a custom ROM acolyte.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    well... somehow I got down to 16MB free and I was at 34MB just a month ago and I can't figure out for the life of me what it is that I did.

Cleaned messages
    documents
    photos
    etc. and then I realized I recently installed new pTunes and DocsToGo versions which are EXTREMELY large
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    and then I realized I recently installed new pTunes and DocsToGo versions which are EXTREMELY large
    I take it you already know that the DTG app menu has a special tool (mine's called "Manage Applications" from memory) for moving the app onto your card? I would suggest that. I actually did put my main DTG app into my ROM (of my 650), but I wouldnt recommend that because it seems to reduce the effectiveness of the putting the rest of the app onto the Card.

And later versions of pTunes dont seem to work from the ROM (at least for the 650).

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.