1.    #1  
    Hi,

as a new Centro owner I am still in the process of personalising it.

The built-in phone manager is not bad, but I have already found one program (TakePhone by Shimon Shnitzer) that I like much better, and just downloaded a second one (UltimatePhone), that I'll test tonight.

However, before I whip out my credit card, I'd like to have as much choice as possible.

So... what do the experts say? What's YOUR favourite Phone application?

Kind Regards,

Jochen
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I like TAKEphONE (be sure to download custom skins from deviantart.com) UltimatePhone was feature rich but caused too much of a lag on my Centro. Or, for a free solution, check out the "red smilies" thread.
    takephone is the most functional. With recent work on the skins by nacho and mccentreville, it is getting close to the visual appeal of ultimatephone. I jsut wish it had the 3X3 picture block that ultimatephone has.

Ultimatephone is visually nice but is slow and not as flexible as takephone.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks to both of you!

Regards,

Jochen
    Long time DialByPhoto/UltimatePhone user, I will have to agree with these post, a slow app indeed. Last 3 days I've been on Takephone, all I have to say wow! I love the iBar & now I just added 2day & they both work great together. Test them both, but I think you will see that Takephone is faster and a smaller file. Good luck!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Takephone > all
  7.    #7  
    Thanks again to all of you - I totally agree with your judgement and have just registered TAKEphONE).

"Happy Centroing"!

Jochen
    Oh yeah....

TakePhone

I thought ultimatephone was a little slow until my last reformat and install and now its quicker and has zero lag so from a person thats tried both I like ultimatephone the best. Takephone is feature rich but way more complicated and way more options than I need on a day to day basis. I love the fact with ultimate phone you can keep the same background image through all the menus. My vote would be with ultimate phone.
    Last edited by syphex; 03/07/2008 at 08:04 PM.
    I concur with Syphex.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    TakePhone is what I use and love it!
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    TAKEphONE all the way!! Fast, small, and customizable to the nth degree (and with these skins its pure awesomeness: http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/a...e-1-0-78545677)