1.    #1  
    I've had my 755P-VZ for a couple of months now. I never thought I'd get a 'small' cell phone, but here it is; I'm still addicted to Bejeweled, but at least I'm not burning my way through AAA batteries like I did with my Visor...

Can someone recommend for a good Bluetooth headset? There are so many, and I want one that people have had luck with rather than waste time and money trying this one or that one. On the Palm forum, all I see are complaints.

Thanks in advance!
    I picked up a Soyo Freestyler back when buy.com had it for $3 shipped (awesome). It works fine.

I don't use it that often though so not a great compatibility test. But I have paired it and made phone calls with no resets so far. Not the greatest headset, but I can't complain too much for $3 including shipping...
    Jabra BT8040 pairs fast and holds the pair better than any that I have tried - and has a side benefit of being A2DP - streams music, podcasts, etc. - only single earbud that I know of that can do that - there are others that start out as two earbuds and you can detach one - but this is the only single earbud to my knowledge and it is small.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Honestly, if you ask me, the best recommendation for bluetooth is to get a different phone. The PalmOS Treos are notoriously bad when it comes to bluetooth. That said, if you're willing to live with the weird issues, of the headsets I've tried (Cardo Scala, Jabra JX-10, Aliph Jawbone) the Jawbone is by far the best. It's the loudest (especially if you slap in a nice eargel from an el-cheapo jabra headset), clearest and seems to be the most reliable (which isn't saying much) at working like it's supposed to (read: connecting, staying connected, actually transmitting sound in both directions)
    I would also recommend the Jawbone.. it always stays connected and so far I haven't missed a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk444 View Post
    Honestly, if you ask me, the best recommendation for bluetooth is to get a different phone. The PalmOS Treos are notoriously bad when it comes to bluetooth.......

Sad but true!

One last note - I would recommend you try a few different ones and see which one works for you - because believe it or not, just because one bluetooth works with say your Treo 755p it might not work as well with my Treo 755p - besides the fact that everyones ear is a little different and may not fit you correctly - and everyone will compromise a bit differently.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Some WM devices have their share of BT issues as well. So don't think it's just Palm.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for your recommendations. I know that everyone has his/her own preferences, but I thought it would be a good place to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I would also recommend the Jawbone.. it always stays connected and so far I haven't missed a call.
    Wow, mine loses connection with my 755p ALL THE TIME .... I have to reset or turn phone on/off or turn Jawbone on/off.

Sprint tells me I shouldn't have purchased the Jawbone as it is not on the compatibility list, but when it does work the sound is the best of any bluetooth headset I've tried.

I ordered the "NEW" Jawbone and Aliph tech support is NOT confident the problem will go away with their new product.
    I'd suggest the Palm headset (latest model). It has really been great...just plain works and best of all you can use the same charger for it and the Palm. I've also never had any problems using bluetooth with my Prius or either of two Thinkpads as a modem.
    cant beat the jawbone...
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    If you want performance, go with a Samsung, Jawbone, Moto or Plantronics headset.

If you want affordability & convenience, go with the Pam-branded BT set. It performs decently (not great, but decent) and being able to share the same charger is a very nice bonus when traveling. And at least it's "guaranteed" to work with your Treo!
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I replaced my old Jawbone (lawnmower) with the new Jawbone.
    The sound is MUCH louder and I have not had even one drop in the week that I have used it. Way Cool!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    For headsets I like the samsung WEP 200. Holds pairing and no static. I like in the ear headsets b/c I wear glasses.

For car speaker phones either the Motorola T305 or T505 (have both). Both work great (no static) and remove most if not all echo.

T505 can use your car speakers via radio and adds A2DP for music (must have audiogateway). However, the initial pair was odd b/c they didn't realized they were paired until I made a call. Also, on occasion, after I end my first call of the day (never during) the pairing drops for 2-3 seconds and then repairs automatically.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I just bought the T505 for my 700p, after having had pretty good luck with the T305. Unfortunately, I'm having the following issues:

- keeps dropping Bluetooth connection and then (usually) reconnects a few seconds later...

- announces the wrong caller ID (announces the number from the initial incoming call and then never updates this info)

I tried installing Softick Audogateway but it made no difference (I had read somewhere that it had improved the Bluetooth connection between a 700p and the T505; I also was unable to stream pocket tunes to the T505 and, in turn, my FM radio...

Any thoughts?
    reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X
    Jawbone is the best on the market....