Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A few years ago a new Palm device would provoke a rash of high quality user reviews. Reviews with pictures and in depth comment.

Is my memory rose tinted?

Have these users abandoned the platform or are they not buying the Centro?

Maybe I'm not paying attention the way I used to.

I'm posting this here as it seems to be the most active Centro forum so perhaps some kind soul can point me at the reviews I've missed.

Thank you.
    As far as I can see, there have been plenty of Centro reviews out there. They seem to be selling like hotcakes! I love mine!
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Your a few months behind. When it came out last year (September) there were tons of reviews . On this site, mytreo and all the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    ... I love mine!
    New avatar? (pink Centro v's pink 650)
    I have had mine for just a few days (AT&T) and so far, very impressed at how stable it is. I have always liked the simplicity of POS and ususally recommend it to new PDA users. I bought it based on the user reviews along with several publication reviews.
    IIIc-iPaq 3500, 3900, 2200, 4300-i705-SX56,SX66-T-T2-TC-600-650-8125-8525-8700-Pearl-680-iPhone-Tilt-AT&T Centro

There cant be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Your a few months behind. When it came out last year (September) there were tons of reviews . On this site, mytreo and all the others.
    That's it.

As a Scotsman the Centro has only just went on sale whereas its was released Stateside months ago.

So, all the reviews must come from the New World?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by symbo View Post
    That's it.

As a Scotsman the Centro has only just went on sale whereas its was released Stateside months ago.

So, all the reviews must come from the New World?

Thanks.
    Here's my personal review, if it helps you:

If you love the ease of the Palm OS for your PIM, and you want a great phone with both a touchscreen and qwerty keyboard, and a device that can connect to the web fairly easily, and the ability to easily send text, picture, and video messages, as well as a device that has thousands of 3rd-party apps to do all the things that Palm didn't do that you wished they had, and...

ORDER ONE TODAY! You won't be disappointed. The only ones who are disappointed (based on what I read) are the people who think this little device should replace their laptop, which is absurd. I have yet to read a review that says "This thing sucks- I'm taking it back!"

Best of luck.
    tim
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Here's my personal review, if it helps you:

If you love the ease of the Palm OS for your PIM, and you want a great phone with both a touchscreen and qwerty keyboard, and a device that can connect to the web fairly easily, and the ability to easily send text, picture, and video messages, as well as a device that has thousands of 3rd-party apps to do all the things that Palm didn't do that you wished they had, and...

ORDER ONE TODAY! You won't be disappointed. The only ones who are disappointed (based on what I read) are the people who think this little device should replace their laptop, which is absurd. I have yet to read a review that says "This thing sucks- I'm taking it back!"

Best of luck.
    TimmyB

Thanks for the advice.

I do indeed love the Palm OS.

I bought the original Zire when it turned up in John Lewis many years ago. I remember the thrill of discovering Graffiti at the shop counter.

I've had a TE2 for a few years and carry it to work every day. For me it's having all my info at my fingertips. And the ability to easily add as much additional data as you wish wherever you are. The OS may be looking dated but functionally it does me. Eye candy doesn't get the job done after all.

To date I've been a PDA and mobile phone guy believing Treos to be a bit big and anything else lacking the ability to enter text efficiently.

But here's the Centro, a touch screen, a keyboard and not much bigger than the SE K750i I use.

I'm no impulse buyer but will order one. Expect me back with one of those reviews I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    TimmyB

Thanks for the advice.

I do indeed love the Palm OS.

I bought the original Zire when it turned up in John Lewis many years ago. I remember the thrill of discovering Graffiti at the shop counter.

I've had a TE2 for a few years and carry it to work every day. For me it's having all my info at my fingertips. And the ability to easily add as much additional data as you wish wherever you are. The OS may be looking dated but functionally it does me. Eye candy doesn't get the job done after all.

To date I've been a PDA and mobile phone guy believing Treos to be a bit big and anything else lacking the ability to enter text efficiently.

But here's the Centro, a touch screen, a keyboard and not much bigger than the SE K750i I use.

I'm no impulse buyer but will order one. Expect me back with one of those reviews I've been looking for.
    You sound like the Euro-me! I am much more into function than form, ease of use over gadgetry. The Palm OS has always met my needs and still does. I finally have a phone built into my EASY-TO-USE pda and it's fabulous! How easy is this Centro to use? My wife, the ultimate "I don't want that, it's too complicated" person, went to a conference out of town last week, saw something cool, opened her camera app, took the picture, pressed the messaging button, typed in my number, and sent it. If she can do all that, this phone is too cool!!!

Let us know when you get your hands on yours!

Cheers.
    Last edited by TimmyB; 03/06/2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: punctuation (seriously)
    tim
  10.    #10  
    TimmyB

Do you have your Centro on a deal with a carrier? In the UK no one is currently supporting the Centro so it's 180 for an unlocked version.

I'm happy to pay for the hardware and take the saving in monthly line rental. I'm hoping my current T-Mobile SIM will just drop in and work. If I find myself using the online functions T-Mobile do prepaid data deals.

Do you have a data deal?
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    TimmyB

Do you have your Centro on a deal with a carrier? In the UK no one is currently supporting the Centro so it's 180 for an unlocked version.

I'm happy to pay for the hardware and take the saving in monthly line rental. I'm hoping my current T-Mobile SIM will just drop in and work. If I find myself using the online functions T-Mobile do prepaid data deals.

Do you have a data deal?
    Yes, I am with ATT and I have the $30 unlimited data plan. I don't need that much (yet), but I am sure that by the time I get my $100 rebate, I will have convinced myself that I do!
    tim
  12.    #12  
    Yes, I am with ATT and I have the $30 unlimited data plan. I don't need that much (yet), but I am sure that by the time I get my $100 rebate, I will have convinced myself that I do!
    Unlimited data and a rebate. Sounds all right to me.

Hopefully a UK carrier will pick up the Centro and it will gain some traction here.

I'm not waiting. Starting to get really keen on the Centro idea.

It's 8:30pm here, so time for a bit of TV therapy.

Later.
    Or you can get the rebate, go online, change the phone type for your account and sign up for the $15 unlimited media net plan.

Mals
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    New avatar? (pink Centro v's pink 650)
    You know, perhaps I should take a new picture...I haven't used that 600 in over a year. On the other hand, everybody recognizes me by that picture though lol. My centro isn't sparkly, only has a pink silicone case on it. Oh what to do, what to do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    You know, perhaps I should take a new picture...I haven't used that 600 in over a year. On the other hand, everybody recognizes me by that picture though lol. My centro isn't sparkly, only has a pink silicone case on it. Oh what to do, what to do!
    Take some snips, cut out the excess in back, put your Centro in it just long enough to take another picture that looks just like this, you'll fool us all!
    tim
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malstorme View Post
    Or you can get the rebate, go online, change the phone type for your account and sign up for the $15 unlimited media net plan.

Mals
    That's what I'm leaning toward. I've got a couple of months to decide before my rebate shows up. I've been trying to figure out the difference between the $30 unlimited data plan and the $15 unlimited media plan. I thought they must be different, but when I check my Centro to see what network it is on, it says MediaNet. What am I paying the extra $15 for? (A: two months, I hope!)

Thanks for the tip, Mals. Your wisdom is always appreciated.
    tim
    I'm still enjoying my unit after two months of use now, but have a love/hate relationship with the mircoboard as I've come to call it. My old Treo 650 feels like a full sized desktop keyboard in comparison now.

I learned a good amount from this review,
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...centro-review/
    Take some snips, cut out the excess in back, put your Centro in it just long enough to take another picture that looks just like this, you'll fool us all!

Or, I could keep this picture for now, and then after i've finished this phone, post a picture of my new sparkly centro. I'd need to get a crystal clear case first though..on my 600 and 680 I glued them directly to the phone, but this time i'm thinking doing a case (or two) so I can chagne them out dependingon my mood.
    What am I paying the extra $15 for?...

Thanks for the tip, Mals. Your wisdom is always appreciated.
    "They (screw) you at the drive thru." The higher data rate for "PDA" phones is because (I assume and probably rightly so) they figure they'll use more data. But it still sucks. I don't think there is a difference between what you "get" on the plans, just in what you "pay".

As for the tip, I was just regurgitating something I'd previously read here.

<3 T|C

Mals
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malstorme View Post
    "They (screw) you at the drive thru." The higher data rate for "PDA" phones is because (I assume and probably rightly so) they figure they'll use more data. But it still sucks. I don't think there is a difference between what you "get" on the plans, just in what you "pay".

As for the tip, I was just regurgitating something I'd previously read here.

<3 T|C

Mals
    Point 1: Agreed!

Point 2: Isn't that what ALL knowledge is?
    tim
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast