1.    #1  
    Simple question I'm sure but after having spent an hour an half on the phone with Palm and they are not able to figure out why my contacts are not syncing to my new centro, I've decided to start over. Urghh!

Thanks!
    Last edited by halllis; 03/06/2008 at 01:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by halllis View Post
    Simple question I'm sure but after having spent an hour an half on the phone with Palm and they are not able to figure out why my contacts are not syncing to my new centro, I've decided to start over. Urghh!

Thanks!
    Contact is not syncing with new treo troubleshoot:
    1. Have you checked / ticked the contact option in the hotsync manager
    2. Did you install microsoft exchange server /direct push?

To hard reset the device:
    press power button
    release the batt
    put the batt back
    centro should now rebooting itself
    keep pressing the power button...
    until there is a change of logo, let it go

it should ask you whether you want to reset all data
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan View Post
    Contact is not syncing with new treo troubleshoot:
    1. Have you checked / ticked the contact option in the hotsync manager
    2. Did you install microsoft exchange server /direct push?

1. Yes
    2. No

I got the phone on Saturday and setup/synced on Sunday. I checked real quick to see if the sync worked. Then on Monday, my IT guy at work setup my email address as this was a new setup. I did not have this feature on my old Treo 650. This is when the problems started or perhaps I just noticed them. First, I didn't want my contacts/calendar to go on my business Outlook, just email only. So, I changed my settings my the Centro to reflect this. Then I deleted my personal contacts/calandar from Outlook. Now, strange here because my contacts appeared on my Outlook at work but were gone other than a few random contacts on my Centro. Palm and I tried various things to get the back on my Centro and nothing works. I hotsynced my contacts from my old phone to the Palm Desktop and tried to Sync from Desktop to Overside Centro. Nothing works. Palm is saying that my contacts are corrupted. I'm not ready to believe that yet. So I am thinking the only option is to start over and hotsync from my old phone again.

I'm not sure if the problem is in the orignial hotsync or after my IT guy had it.
    Very frustrating!
    It looks like you are using the EAS therefore the contact in Outlook (Personal) is not able to sync.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    It looks like you are using the EAS therefore the contact in Outlook (Personal) is not able to sync.
    Yes, you are correct, my IT person used Outlook EAS. Why would this happen? Should he have used something else? You must have experienced this?
    Hi,

to go back to the Hard Reset part of your question:

if it's a reset you want to do, not have to do because of some nasty device breakdown, there's a simple software way:

Get the Freeware program EZReset, for example on...

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/ezreset.shtml

... run it, and DIRECTLY after tapping Reset, press the red Power button and keep it pressed until the Progress Bar has run its course and the Palm logo has appeared for the second time.

(This is my preferred way of trying out new programs: complete Backup to SD card, try the program and, if I don't like it, perform a Hard Reset, followed by a Restore; this is a relatively hassle free way of making sure the program leaves NOTHING behind.)

Kind Regards,

Jochen
    Quote Originally Posted by halllis View Post
    Yes, you are correct, my IT person used Outlook EAS. Why would this happen? Should he have used something else? You must have experienced this?
    Please take a look of the manual. It stated in P75 2nd paragraph.

http://euro.palm.com/europe/en/suppo...andbook_en.pdf

This is the first time I am using Versamail therefore I spent sometimes in reading the whole manual before using it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    Please take a look of the manual. It stated in P75 2nd paragraph.

http://euro.palm.com/europe/en/suppo...andbook_en.pdf

This is the first time I am using Versamail therefore I spent sometimes in reading the whole manual before using it.
    I read the manual. It seems alittle "techy" for me. However, am I correct in the understanding that I cannot use my Palm Desktop to sync with if I have Outlook EAS?

It seems if that is the case as I don't want my personal calendar/contacts on the Corporate Outlook, that I cannot have Corporate email on this phone?
    If so, the next issue is how do I delete the email account as it states you must have at least one account?

This is very confusting and frustrating! Thanks for your help!
    EAS cause the email , calendar and contact to be sync through the server. There is no way to sync it with palm desktop

alternatively, use gmail as your push email thru chatteremail and delete that EAS account in the versamail