1.    #1  
    Hi there!

I'd like to share some random thoughts about my brand new black GSM Centro after one week of use (and after 15 months with a Treo 680)

- size and look: the difference in size from the 680 is noticeable, the smaller screen and keyboard are not a problem to me (for the keyboard, it gets 2 or 3 days to get accustomed to the smaller keys); and the black finish with silver parts give it a modern look ;-)

- battery life: I'd say that you can get a 30% more performance compared to the 680 (even if the battery is smaller); I could get 2 days from the 680, now with the same (moderate) use I can get 3 days...

- memory: it seems that the DbCache is a little smaller than the one of the 680 (some resets from memory hungry apps are to be expected); but I'm still investigating (and I'm coming from a customized Treo rom with maximized DbCache)

- installed apps: updated versions of DocToGo and PTunes are a welcome plus

- system tweaks: like to have the option of turning off the screen (not only dimming it) during a call

- memory card: if you need to frequently swap cards, then the 680 is still better (now you have to open the battery door to access the card cover...); I use Card Export, so I rarely need to touch my SanDisk 4gb MicroSD-HC card

- camera: expect good (not huge) improvements over the poor 680 camera

Ciao for now!
    my first impression is CENTRO is the mini of 680

Response time is faster, probably due to lower dbcache

tomtom navigator works well

card reader from my 680 - to transfer mp3 to a "hidden" micro sd- is not working. need to upgrade it to version 1.07
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Just wondering what speed do you get Card Export? I used it on my Treo 600 and remembered it to be sloooow. Will it reach USB2 speeds nowadays with a Centro?

I used a SD card with integrated USB port in my Treo 650. But am considering a Centro now.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Just wondering what speed do you get Card Export? I used it on my Treo 600 and remembered it to be sloooow.
    Hi,

I can confirm it is still much slower than extracting my HC SD Card and putting it in the adapter, but good enough for "medium-sized" files: let's say I use Card Export for files under 50-60 MB, over that limit I "dismantle" the Centro and get the Card out ;-)

Ciao!

Sergio
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    thx for the quick reply. Any one getting better speeds with CardReader?