1.    #1  
    Card reader is not working on centro
    Any alternative application ?
    CardReader 1.07 works on a Centro

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    CardReader 1.07 works on a Centro

Thanks
    It does - but not reliably on the Mac with large files transfers. It fails often for me when I try to transfer 500+ megs of music to my Centro.
    Card Export works fine with my GSM Centro

Ciao!

Sergio
    Does anyone know if you can use Card Reader to format an SD card residing in a Centro? I need to reformat my SD card since TomTom is too sluggish with my 4GB card. Unfortunately, I don't have an SD card reader that will work with my computer and this particular card. I have Card Reader on my Centro and can move files to/from the computer and Centro, but I don't know if Card Reader will actually allow me to totally format the SD card. Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    the whole m-stuff suit have card readers that work on the centro as well, i used mRing for awhile and that's what i used
    Thanks for the quick response but I guess this was a false alarm. I just found a newer card reader that came with my daughter's camera that that works fine in my PC with the 4GB micro SD card, so I'll format from that.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    cannot reliably get this 1.08 version to work on a CDMA centro, 4gb SDHC on a Mac. 50/50 on whether it mounts or not. when it does, works great. but no rhyme or reason why it does/does not?

Disk Utility even sees it, but cannot force it to mount and no access and does not show up on desktop... WTF!
    Have you checked the condition of the connection and cable?
    I highly recommend the card readers that you can get on ebay (and elsewhere, I'm sure). They are very fast with USB 2.0.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I no longer remove the card. With the Centro it is a pain and with the 700P, wear/tear. The Card Reader application and the other 2-3 similar applications really do work well if properly configured and the cable/connection is good. The applications work on the 650, 700P and 2 Centros that are members of the family.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Have you checked the condition of the connection and cable?
    well of course.. further proof is that it Hot Syncs perfect - cant do that with a bunk connection. I do use an after market cradle.. but again, if I can hot Sync, I should be able to mount via card Reader also.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I no longer remove the card. With the Centro it is a pain and with the 700P, wear/tear. The Card Reader application and the other 2-3 similar applications really do work well if properly configured and the cable/connection is good. The applications work on the 650, 700P and 2 Centros that are members of the family.
    agree.. it is a pain. only way for a centro is to use a software card reader in my opinion. I just must assume my Mac is causing havoc in my opinion. not sure how/why as it works on my PC??? go figure?? I have the same issue with Card Reader and Softick on my Mac... those are the only 2 I know of.. is there another option?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I highly recommend the card readers that you can get on ebay (and elsewhere, I'm sure). They are very fast with USB 2.0.
    no way.. not going to remove that card every time.. not an option

UPDATE: I have narrowed it down to a USB hub.. seems when the connection went thru the hub no dice. but when I moved the connection over to an actual usb port on the computer, it was reliable. What is odd is, my monitor has a built in card reader that is connected to this same hub and it mounts cards perfect.. go figure
    Last edited by eTard; 06/19/2008 at 04:01 PM.
    I have a Kensington mouse that works only on 1 of 4 ports on my Gateway, which I also have an extension port on it - the other mouse that I have works on all 8 ports. Shame I like the Kensington mouse so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post

no way.. not going to remove that card every time.. not an option
    Sure, there's more than one way to skin a cat. My microSD is quite easy to remove, but I have rather small hands for a man.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Sure, there's more than one way to skin a cat. My microSD is quite easy to remove, but I have rather small hands for a man.
    just the mere fact you have to take off the battery door and then access the card port is way to much effort for me versus setting it in the cradle and hitting the Card Reader icon
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    eTard,
    just the mere fact you have to take off the battery door and then access the card port is way to much effort for me versus setting it in the cradle and hitting the Card Reader icon

Which cradle do you use? I am still looking for one for my Centro.
    Can anyone recommend a good cradle, docking station?
    What about the Files bonus app that comes with the Centro will this let you transfer files?
    Palm Centro (Sprint)

Get right or get left.
    Jesus <*{{{><
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    There is a "Card Info" app that comes stock with centro that lets you format the card
    Quote Originally Posted by RDOG1 View Post
    What about the Files bonus app that comes with the Centro will this let you transfer files?
    don't think so. pretty sure it it just for viewing/manipulating files on the card.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast