1.    #1  
    i was wonder what are good headphones to buy that work well with SAG on the 755p for both listening to music and taking calls.

also concerned about audio quality, battery life, and comfort of the headphones. i ve been looking at the motorola ht820 but wanted some expert opions on this.

thanks,
    stephen
    I've heard that the Motorola S9 works pretty well... everyone is still selling that one extremely high priced but you can get it through tigerdirect.com for 49.99 I think.. I personally use a Insignia NS-BTHDP and it works out pretty well and they go for around 30 bucks I think and are pretty comfortable.
    I bought the motorola S9's and am very happy with em. I haven't used them for call purposes but when I work out they are very comfortable and seem to last long enough for me to be happy. The down volume button doesn't seem to work atm. Sending em back to motorola and have to wait about a month for repairs I'm told. That I'm not happy about. but other than that. I like em.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I use the Moto S9 mostly in the gym. However, I'm not 100% happy with the sound quality, comfort to wear and the connection reliability to my 755p (ROM 1.07, SAG 1.20). The Pulsar 590A from Plantronics is much nicer - but also a bigger.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by stamason View Post
    i was wonder what are good headphones to buy that work well with SAG on the 755p for both listening to music and taking calls.

also concerned about audio quality, battery life, and comfort of the headphones. i ve been looking at the motorola ht820 but wanted some expert opions on this.

thanks,
    stephen
    Regarding Bluetooth stereo headphones, I have both the Motorola HT820 and the S9.

For light weight and comfort, the S9 is the better option. I use the S9 when just walking around, listening to music and podcasts. If you have to remove them from your ears, it's convenient to wear them around your neck, without discomfort. Callers are heard in one ear, only.

For on-ear placement (and, as a result, wind-noise reduction) and phone call quality, the HT820 is superior. I use the HT820 when cycling around town because their design makes it easier to hear my audio (and reduce wind noise around my ears). The HT820's also have the advantage of allowing one to listen to callers in both ears - which makes it easier to hear, without greater volume. Their increased size makes them less comfortable to wear around the neck. They become uncomfortable more quickly than the S9's (on-ear or around neck).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Well, my S9 has conked out on me. The left buttons stopped working last week. And the mic apparently has stopped working. no one can hear me on calls. I tried it on my bro's other treo and it acts the same.

Off to be replaced...

i dont know if it affected it but i started to use it while jogging 2 weeks ago. I really dont sweat a lot so it may not be related... but i did sweat... and i heard of people getting shorts when used while jogging.

Now i have to find an interim headset that wont cost too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Well, my S9 has conked out on me. The left buttons stopped working last week. And the mic apparently has stopped working. no one can hear me on calls. I tried it on my bro's other treo and it acts the same.

Off to be replaced...

i dont know if it affected it but i started to use it while jogging 2 weeks ago. I really dont sweat a lot so it may not be related... but i did sweat... and i heard of people getting shorts when used while jogging.

Sorry to hear that. I bike with mine, quite often, and I've had no such issues - despite sweating quite a bit.

Hopefully, your replacement will be much better.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post

Off to be replaced...

mine too- too much money for a product that just dies on you- I have heard other stories as well, check out the S9 thread under bluetooth.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    My girlfriend's father has an S9 and, like mine, it's been pretty solid.

My only complaints might be that it doesn't go from music to phone calls seamlessly... and that the phone calls aren't through both speakers like they are with my HT820's.
    I second the Pulsar 590A's. I LOVE them. Cant say enough about them. I use them in the gym 10+ hours a week. The sound is amazing. The call handling is very good as well.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    A lot of responses are focusing on stereo while working out, but the OP didn't specify that so I'm going to throw the Plantronics Voyager 855 into the mix.

I love mine!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Glad to hear you love your Plantronics Voyager 855, I just ordered one this week, in fact it should be waiting for me when I get home from work tonight.
    I was thinking of the Plantronics 855 before getting the S9, but one of the best things about the S9 is that when you wear them, you dont look as wierd as having a regular BT headset in your ear, which the 855 will still make you look.

Can anyone tell me the difference in terms of sound quality between the S9 and the P855?
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    P 855 I understand has better sound but not hi def or audiophile - S9 not so good, set up for workout and not as clean.

Roi Batty

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I bought HS879 generic bluetooth stereo phones with mike. It costs 49.95 and works fine. It's an on ear rather than in ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    P 855 I understand has better sound but not hi def or audiophile - S9 not so good, set up for workout and not as clean.
    Have you figured out how to reduce the noise from the cord scraping? I wear mine in the office to listen to music and the noise from the cord being transfered to the optional stereo ear bud drives me nuts.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    oh, I don't own one, info is just what I have gleaned from the forums...

Roi Batty

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I've now had my 855P for a couple days now, and I have to say I am very impressed with the sound. Not quite the sound quality of my Sony MDR-NC10's but certainly not bad at all, and much better than some dedicated stereo headphones I've used over the years.

As for the cord noise - I haven't noticed it all that much - in fact, didn't notice it until you mentioned it. Either I'm deaf from too many years of loud music, or maybe it's just the loud music.