Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I give up . . . Trying to get the 755p to hotsync . . . I've read the threads here and followed the steps but no matter which virtual port # I choose I can't get it to hotsync to outlook by Bluetooth.

I'm using the Kensington Bluetooth adapter and that puts on the Toshiba Stacker software to create the ports on a new HP Pavillion DV2715nr laptop.

One thing I notice is each time I try the Hotsync it errors out on the Treo and says the port is in use whichever port I try???

I only check serial and uncheck USB on the Treo each time I try it.

The only other port that would be in use would be from my Bluetooth Razor Mobile Wireless mouse.

Is anyone syncing with successs with Vista and this Toshiba bluetooth software?

A call to Palm support was useless. I keep getting the same flippant bio'otch
    Had her for two other issues . . . her response to any question or issue is to do a hard reset.
    Last edited by Expidia; 03/04/2008 at 06:14 PM.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    I had a similar problem; the culprit was the Toshiba BT Stack. It won't automagically give you the ActiveSync (=WMDC) connection. Here is what I did.

First, go into Device Manager (Computer, System Properties, Device Manager). Expand the COM port settings item. See which COM ports are used by BT. In my case, COM7 was one of them. Once you've made the list, close the windows.

Second, open WMDC. Find connection settings. Change the drop box from "Bluetooth" to the COM port you just discovered above.

Third, delete the pairing between your computer and your Treo.

Fourth, pair your computer and your Treo. You'll see that ActiveSync is one of the options. (Hopefully.)

Complete the pairing and close everything.

Open ActiveSync on your Treo. Use the right softkey ("Menu") and select "Connect via Bluetooth"

With luck and prayer, this should work.
    Not the same phone, but who knows.
    Last edited by papped; 03/03/2008 at 07:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    See that's the rub I don't think Palm based phones use the WMDC download . . . I read all the related threads and Windows mobile was referenced.

We have the same phones, but different operating systems.

But Palm's site says: WMDC Palm Windows Mobile smartphone compatibility with Windows Vista
    (for Windows Mobile devices including Treo 700w, Treo 700wx, Treo 750v and Treo 750)

It also says this about Active Sync: Microsoft ActiveSync is not compatible with Windows Vista.

I think as you say the problem is within configuring the Toshiba Stack software. It sets up so many ports when I only have one bluetooth device running right now for my Bluetooth mouse?

When I do a task manager view I see all those ports running in the background now and thought maybe they are causing conflicts. I tried deleting them, but some say they were created with a different program and can't be deleted? When I reboot they come back anyway!

Anyone have the steps for Vista-Treo 755p and the Toshiba Stock software that the bluetooth adapter puts on my laptop?

Thx for trying and posting the steps that worked for you
    Last edited by Expidia; 03/04/2008 at 03:07 PM.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Yeah if it doesn't use WMDC I have no idea how to get it to work, since I believe WMDC is the only option in Vista.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Papped . . . I see you own the 755p. Do you have Windows Mobile 6 running on it to allow you to hotsync?

Thx
    I don't use BT hotsync (I use usb hotsync), I was just dredging up info from other posts about the topic.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I don't use BT hotsync (I use usb hotsync), I was just dredging up info from other posts about the topic.

Well, thx for your efforts anyway