Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Does anyone know what the changes made in the recent Sprint Mobile Email update were. Ever since I updated on Friday it seems like email (maybe it's just Gmail, it's hard to say) takes longer and fails a lot. Also I can't even cancel half the time.
    The last I heard it was supposed to fix the battery drain issue.
    What update? I heard there was a Versamail update.... Where is the d/l for Sprint Mobile EMail?
    I got a pop up when I opene sprint mail today. I said "ask me late" since I remembered reading something about it on this board yesterdaym
    John 3:16
    i have been using versamail ever since the 700p and this week i just decided to try sprint mobile email. pretty good so far. i don't see a battery drain or it being slow. how can i tell if i have the current version?
    diane
    6.7.4.1348 is the latest on the 755p.

You go to the home page for SME (where you see all your accounts at once) and go to Settings>About.

Now if they would finally add a stupid sleep schedule option to SME so I stop getting email alerts in the middle of the night...
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post

Now if they would finally add a stupid sleep schedule option to SME so I stop getting email alerts in the middle of the night...
    Yeah no foolin'. I finally had to change it to just a vibration. I also wish they would have a popup alert with the sender and the subject. And background sending and receiving would be awesome.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I like SME, however, one of the things that bothers me about it is that it will continue to set itself as the default app to launch when you press the e-mail button even though you uncheck that option. It also sets itself as the default e-mail app after every soft reset. If these two issues were fixed, as well as adding a sleep function, I would be very happy with SME.
    The option to save .prc files in email attachments to the SD Card would be nice.

Right now, they auto install to the internal memory and you cannot do otherwise.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I ran the update and now everytime I try to send an email it will resets my phone. And of course it never send the email.
    Try deleting your email accounts and remaking them.

Worst case scenario delete all the SME databases (do it by Creator) and reinstall.
    I thought I would give SME a try.

755 with ROM update (1.07) and latest version of Sprint Mobile Email app (6.7.4.1348)

Resets every time I click the icon.

Anyone else having the same problem w/ 755?

OK

Did a hard reset first, then installed and it works. But I remember why I quit using it in the first place. The inability to view folders.
    Last edited by egn; 03/25/2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: new findings
    Always end up defaulting back to SME because it's the only app that plays nicely with Hotmail....

That and VM is a royal piece of crap with it's "invalid credentials" bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Is this the updated version? I do not remember updating SME, but that is the version number that I have. It works fine for me.

The problem I have is that when I go into areas which does not have EVDO, SME uses up all my bandwidth and drains my battery. I wish I could switch from Push e-mail to scheduled e-mail on the fly. I could disconnect the internet to save the battery when in the non-EVDO area, but when I want to send a picture, it takes forever, because SME is using up my bandwidth.

Anyone else experiences this issue?