Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Under Preference => Power; I was able to change this option in my Treo Centro to make the screen turned off after 1 minute. On my Treo 755p, this doesn't work. The screen does go dim after 30 seconds but it doesn't turn itself off even I had it set to turn off after 1 minute.

    Does anyone else having this problem? Is this how the Treo 755p behave? I like the screen to turn off completely when I'm talking on the phone. My Centro can, why can't my 755p? Also my Centro can dim the backlight after 15 seconds, 755p is 30 seconds at the lowest setting.
  2. #2  
    This option isn't on the 755p for what ever reason they didn't add that into the last software update.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    This option isn't on the 755p for what ever reason they didn't add that into the last software update.
    Bummer! I'm starting to miss my Centro. Beside the bigger screen than the Centro, what's else is better on the 755p vs Centro? Not to mention the speaker on Centro is loud and clearer than 755p. Arghhhhh
  4. #4  
    Keyboard and screen are basically the only reasons people get the 755p over the Centro.
  5. #5  
    Well, there's more to it than the screen and keyboard for me. I considered both...but I also hate the case of the Centro--it's that cheap plastic I hate--big fan of the rubbery grip. It's one of those things I never really thought about until I had it--now I will want it for every phone I have. Also prefer the ring silencer switch on the Treo...again, the Centro feels as cheap as its price point.
    Palm Treo 755p (Sprint)
    Previously owned: Cingular 650, Sprint 700wx, Sprint 700p
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by impaler View Post
    Well, there's more to it than the screen and keyboard for me. I considered both...but I also hate the case of the Centro--it's that cheap plastic I hate--big fan of the rubbery grip. It's one of those things I never really thought about until I had it--now I will want it for every phone I have. Also prefer the ring silencer switch on the Treo...again, the Centro feels as cheap as its price point.
    You have no idea how much I agree with you on the grip.. when I had my 650/700p I would drop those suckers almost daily. I think I dropped my 700p for the first time within the first week. Since having my 755p I haven't dropped it once all thanks to the grip.
  7.    #7  
    I agree that the Centro does feel cheap and the grip keeps my phone from being dropped. Back to the power issue, does it suppose to turn off the screen if I set it for like 1 minute when I'm talking on the phone? I know the phone goes dimmed after 30 seconds then it supposedly turn off the screen after 1 minute when I'm talking on the phone but it didn't. The Centro has no problem with this.
  8. #8  
    The screen is to remain on (but dimmed) when on a phone call. Same behavior as the 700p.
  9. #9  
    I don't think the grip would sway me $150 or so + older software set (yes I like the paint job much better).

    If the Centro had the same size screen + keyboard, it would be a no brainer for me because the 755p has older software and costs a lot more.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    The screen is to remain on (but dimmed) when on a phone call. Same behavior as the 700p.
    Now that's what I don't get. The cheaper Centro can turn off the screen completely when I was on the phone but the 755p just can't. I wonder after the firmware update, if turning screen off option is possible?
  11. #11  
    The power settings on the 755p after the 1.07 update only lists screen dim during call as a setting, not power off.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nutech View Post
    Now that's what I don't get. The cheaper Centro can turn off the screen completely when I was on the phone but the 755p just can't. I wonder after the firmware update, if turning screen off option is possible?
    That would be simple: The centro was released after the 755, 700, and 650. All of the older ones do not have that functionality. Its not a price thing but a release date thing.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    The power settings on the 755p after the 1.07 update only lists screen dim during call as a setting, not power off.
    Thanks for the info. The Centro has the very much the same settings. The option to dim the screen during the call is there (not turn off) which is very much the same of the 755p. The brightness option is where the phone set to turn off.

    You can set both at the same setting with identical options but the Centro turns off the brightness after 30 sec or 1 minute talking on the phone, the 755p does not. It's not that the 755p doesn't have the feature but it just doesn't turn off the screen as it's supposed to when you're talking on the phone. So I have to agree with the post above. It's a newer release for the Centro so it has the capability which the 755p doesn't unless someone else can get the 755p to turn off the screen while talking on the phone.

Posting Permissions