Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. jolemn's Avatar
    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
       #1  
    My contacts are not syncing w/ my PDA. I've changed the custom field for desktop to overwrite my palm, but they still don't sync. I have no idea what to do? Please help me....
  2. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #2  
    What Palm do you have and version of Hotsync do you have installed (go to about in the hotsync program to see).

    Do you sync with Palm Desktop or Outlook? If so, what versions.

    BenJoe
  3. jolemn's Avatar
    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
       #3  
    Palm: 755p
    Hotsync: 6.0.1
    Outlook: 2003
  4. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #4  
    Try uninstalling Hotsync/Palm Desktop and then re-installing. It might just have a hiccup. Or try using a program like Chapura or Keysuite.
  5. #5  
    If changing the desktop doesn't work I would recommend one of two apps (DBFixit or TealScan). Both will scan your PIM data for corrupt data and fix it for you. DBFixit will diagnose the problem in trial mode, but will not fix it. I'm not sure about TealScan. DBFixit will also scan just about any other database you have. TealScan has a lot more functionality then DBFixit. I have both apps, so I don't have to choose. LOL
  6. jolemn's Avatar
    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
       #6  
    I tried Chapura/Pocketmirror and my contacts still aren't syncing! Now what?
  7. #7  
    You may have a corrupt contact entry that is blocking the process.

    Do an advanced search for member 'Bill Gamble' and search word 'dbscan' and find the post where he provides the link to the program and instructions to follow. This procedure has worked for others . . . . .

    (I will find the post and link it when I am back at a PC.)

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...68&postcount=4
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...768#post778768
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/03/2008 at 08:34 PM.
  8. jolemn's Avatar
    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
       #8  
    Ran DbFitIt and I have "no errors found in the standard PIM Database".

    My Hotsync log says the following:
    Outlook Contacts synchronization aborted

    Duration: 0.6 seconds

    Outlook Contacts

    The attempt to open the database failed.

    OLERR:02-0001

    OLERR:0D-0004

    OLERR:0D-0001

    - Not Synchronized

    OLERR:15-0002

    OLERR:01-0001

    BTW, I upgraded to Hysync 7.0.2
  9. gtoatley's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #9  
    I have been on the phone with the techs at PALM on and off for the last two days. They do not seem to know what this issue is as well. I believe it maybe an issue with Outlook, but I am not sure... I will keep you posted as well. ((Considering getting a BlackBerry, I need my calendar and contacts))
  10. #10  
    I have been there with the dreaded OLERR errors...! Unfortunately many times. Perry is a vital asset and he has extensive knowledge on fixing those OLERR errors.

    You have corrupted file(s) in your contacts, calendar, schedule, or tasks. The way I had fixed mine was to retype and enter all 1744 contacts in my Outlook contacts folder. I don't recommend this unless this is absolutely your last option.

    It appears that with me the OLERR errors had started when I would export my entire Personal Folders Inbox into a .pst file. I would reformat my entire computer and reload Outlook then import the same .pst file back into its original location from an external hard drive. Somewhere along the line of doing this several times, I started getting the OLERR. I had purchased Chapura PocketMirror XT and tried that with no change at all. Did the detect and repair option thing and nothing… I took Perry's advice and downloaded DB Scan and followed his directions for use explicitly. This corrected the tasks, notes and calendar OLERR errors that I was getting but didn’t correct the Contacts OLERR error. I then backed up my entire “Personal Folders” “Inbox” folder containing the Contacts folder to .pst file and placed it the external HD again. Removed Outlook, and reloaded it, just as if it was new with nothing in the Personal Folders. Backed up everything on my Treo 650 755 and now my Centro. All of which have had or has this same error. Created a new Outlook hotsync ID. Re-Hotsynced to that new Hotsync ID and EVERYTHING synchronized the way it was supposed to. That tells you that you have a corrupted file in whichever Outlook folder contains the OLERR error. I then imported my .pst file into Outlook and re-synced to the new Hotsync ID and the same error returned again. I then deleted the new Hotsync ID and re-synced back to my original Hotsync ID, which still gave me the same error. Created another Contacts folder named Contacts2, manually retyped all of my contacts and their information, deleted the original Contacts Folder and renamed my newly created Contacts2 Folder to the original named “Contacts” folder, re-synced desktop overrides handheld and finally no more OLERR error.

    This is an Outlook problem that appears to be fairly common for many.

    Kudos to Perry Holden…!

Posting Permissions