1.    #1  
    Well lucky me, yesterday I had my phone on me hip and ran into something and put a cut in my touchscreen.

I replaced the screen protector but still have issues with the screen acting like it is being pressed where the wound is. Managed to disable the touchscreen for the time being and am looking for a new touchscreen and have a question:

What suggested and reputable places can anyone suggest?

I've found one over at pdaparts.com for about $80, but would like to know if anyone might recommend other sites that have such a thing.

Thanks
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    The 650 is old enough that there are plenty of parts phones on eBay. Some are in good condition at a price far below $80.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip11 View Post
    The 650 is old enough that there are plenty of parts phones on eBay. Some are in good condition at a price far below $80.

Hey thanks for the info. Also, I found that just purchasing a digitizer is about $16. Is it possible that is all I need and not the screen itself as well?

I'd have to open the phone (again) to verify exactly how deep the cut really is.

If your screen isn't cracked and is displaying fine, then you should only need a digitizer. I'm not sure how to replace it--there must be some adhesive between the panel and digitizer.
    First let me state clearly that I've never done this on a Treo.

That said, on the old Palm Pilots there was adhesive between the lcd and digitizer around the perimeter edge. You could carefully separate them by using a razor blade or exacto knife and working it under the edge around the entire perimeter. I then used 3m VHB tape (double sided) carefully trimmed to size to adhere the new digitizer to the lcd display. Perform at your own risk. The lcd should only need to be replaced if it's not displaying properly. The digitizer is a separate piece of glass on top of the lcd. Sounds like you got lucky.
    ive replaced the digitizer before and its not too difficult.

detach the keyboard and screen before you pull the board out.
    pull board out, remove screen, pull digitzier away from screen.
    should be a ribbon cable going to a connector.
    flap connector up and cable will come loose, replace.

i have also seen lcd's with no connector, just the wire soldered into place.

good luck
  7.    #7  
    I opened my phone up and took the digitizer off--it was fairly simple. The LCD is okay so I only need to get the digitizer and I'll be set.

Whew!! Looks like about a $7 fix for me as well as about a half an hour worth of work.