1.    #1  
    Net Library
    Network
    MPData
    PageMgr

I wish there was a way to see what files are linked to what programs. I hate not knowing what's what.
    Network I think relates to using your Palm to access dial up services and its related set ups.

Im guessing

But MP (might relate to Avantgo Files)
    no idea on pagemgr

PDA@aacpas.com
    A netscape search came up with this. http://www.bachmannsoftware.com/pbfaq.htm Look at the bottom of the page.
    My Treo has more memory than I do.
    Originally posted by afilep
    Net Library
    Network
    MPData
    PageMgr

I wish there was a way to see what files are linked to what programs. I hate not knowing what's what.
    Net Library and Network shouldn't be deleted. No idea on MPData. And PageMGR gets installed if you had MultiMail Pro or Bachmann printingsoftware installed. Did you install one of these 2 apps?
    Net Library and Network shouldn't be deleted. Those are used for the Palm OS.

No idea on MPData.

PageMGR gets installed if you had MultiMail Pro or Bachmann printingsoftware installed. Did you install one of these 2 apps?
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by smittyofdhs
    Net Library and Network shouldn't be deleted. Those are used for the Palm OS.

No idea on MPData.

PageMGR gets installed if you had MultiMail Pro or Bachmann printingsoftware installed. Did you install one of these 2 apps?
    Thanks. I did have MultiMail Pro installed so that explains PageMGR.

So the only mystery item left is MPData. It's about 254K so it's taking up quite a bit of space. Wouldn't be Mapopolis, would it?

So the only mystery item left is MPData. It's about 254K so it's taking up quite a bit of space. Wouldn't be Mapopolis, would it?
    I have Mapopolis and a number of maps, but don't have that file on my Visor.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.

Thanks. I did have MultiMail Pro installed so that explains PageMGR.

Do you have any other programs that you have installed that start with MP or the intials of MP? Also, if you have a program like Filez you could find out the creator tag and match that against other programs on the PDA.

Do you have any other programs that you have installed that start with MP or the intials of MP? Also, if you have a program like Filez you could find out the creator tag and match that against other programs on the PDA.
    Definitely not Mapopolis (I too have it.) I've never installed MultiMail, so that's my guess. I like Z'Catalog for inventorying who belongs to what...
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

Definitely not Mapopolis (I too have it.) I've never installed MultiMail, so that's my guess. I like Z'Catalog for inventorying who belongs to what...
    MPData doesn't belong to MultiMail. dietrichbohn is right, z'cat would probably work better because you can sort on the creator id tag.

Well, here's another way to find out if it's needed. Go to your backup directory on your pc/mac. Look for the file called mpdata.pdb. If it's there, you can delete the file from your PDA. Then go thru each program to see if there is any missing data or if any program doesn't work. If you find one, then the file is needed my that program and you can re-install the mpdata.pdb from the backup directory.

I know it's not scientific but it will work.

MPData doesn't belong to MultiMail. dietrichbohn is right, z'cat would probably work better because you can sort on the creator id tag.

Well, here's another way to find out if it's needed. Go to your backup directory on your pc/mac. Look for the file called mpdata.pdb. If it's there, you can delete the file from your PDA. Then go thru each program to see if there is any missing data or if any program doesn't work. If you find one, then the file is needed my that program and you can re-install the mpdata.pdb from the backup directory.

I know it's not scientific but it will work.
    Is it so hard to check creator and type for this database ? If you haven't special programs like FirstBase you can check it in the backup directory really easy. Please take a look at 4 bytes at the 0x40 (it's hex) offset in this file. Remember these bytes and make search in the backup directory for files that have these bytes. Isn't it easy ?
    Attached Files Attached Files
  12.    #12  
    Well, I found out what MPData is all about. It belongs to MondoPondo, this game I installed a while back. When I deleted the game I failed to remeove the .pdb so that's why I couldn't "link" it to anything... Thanks for all your replies.

BTW, you should try MondoPondo

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...7&prodID=11082