1. cxp
    So I have been having this problem for a while but it really has never created a big problem for me till this weekend.
    Every once in a while my treo will just reboot on its own. But just recently it did this and I lost all my text messages. But it says I still have 4 new messages and when I touch the new messages icon it takes me to the message center but there is nothing there. There are some different shades of what looked like it would be a message and you can scroll up and down like you have messages but as soon as you touch one it reboots the phone and I cannot purge them out of the phone.
    ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Perhaps one of those messages are corrupt and when you try to open it, it causes the reboot. Maybe just do a hard reset and start over?
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    I would try using Filez to delete all the saved info for the SMS program. Delete particularly any files that start with 'SMS' and then have a phone number after it (those are your saved texting records per each number). Delete quicklist and the others it will allow you to delete.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by DL.Cummings View Post
    I would try using Filez to delete all the saved info for the SMS program. Delete particularly any files that start with 'SMS' and then have a phone number after it (those are your saved texting records per each number). Delete quicklist and the others it will allow you to delete.
    I second that advice. You may need to lose the message DB particularly.
    Oh, there is also the program DBFixit that exams and fixes the data bases in the Palm OS. If you download the trial version, you can at least scan your Palm for any errors, but you can only fix them with the paid version.

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/dbfixit.htm
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    You can also do that with Tealscan, and although it is in the early stages of development, it runs perfectly on my 650 and if any errors are present, fixes them for free. (for a limited time )

http://www.freewarepalm.com/medical/...n(alpha).shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefish View Post
    You can also do that with Tealscan, and although it is in the early stages of development, it runs perfectly on my 650 and if any errors are present, fixes them for free. (for a limited time )

http://www.freewarepalm.com/medical/...n(alpha).shtml
    It doesn't look like this is a free program. The page shows it as $19.95. Where did you see it as free?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Just use filez to find the 'Messages Database' and delete it. Then soft reset the Treo and hey presto - a completely clean Messaging program! Works every time for me.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I've got a Sprint 650, and when this has happened to me (and I don't want to lose any of the messages) I do the following:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...62#post1414362

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...06#post1415106
    Quote Originally Posted by cxp View Post
    So I have been having this problem for a while but it really has never created a big problem for me till this weekend.
    Every once in a while my treo will just reboot on its own. But just recently it did this and I lost all my text messages. But it says I still have 4 new messages and when I touch the new messages icon it takes me to the message center but there is nothing there. There are some different shades of what looked like it would be a message and you can scroll up and down like you have messages but as soon as you touch one it reboots the phone and I cannot purge them out of the phone.
    ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Is this a GSM Treo by any chance?

Jeff
    By the way, your msgs are probably not lost (at least I've never lost any of mine) even though it looks like they're gone (by using the messaging app). On mine, all msgs are stored in one file (in most circumstances -- read the posts), and can be recovered (because they were never really lost).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy View Post
    It doesn't look like this is a free program. The page shows it as $19.95. Where did you see it as free?
    I did not say it was free, just that it fixes the problems for free for a limited time. After that, you must pay to continue using it. Good shareware in my opinion.
    There is another app out there that does almost the same but only tells you what the problems are and only fixes them if you register.