1.    #1  
    I'm at 2.12APR and want to try to go backwards. I've used all of the fixes suggested for compatibility issues. Is there anyway I can totally "format" RAM/ROM, without bricking my 1 week old unit. I'm having bluetooth problems ( see my post http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=161354 ) and want to go back to an earlier state to see if the BT is bad before I send it back. I reflashed my 650 by following explicit instructions on what to remove. I am afraid to try to use the ROM tool (if it even works with a 680) without handholding.
    The 650 RomTool will not work with the 680. There are some custom ROM's that could take you back,but none that are APR only ROW (Rest Of World) or AT&T versions.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

3.    #3  
    So there is no way to "build" one like I did with my 650? I did try several of the custom ROM's that are on the thread you started, and another that said it would roll be back to a 1.09. It did not move me back though. I was hoping to be able to all the chinese lang files using the ROM customiser. I do have a copy of CJKOS which would fix the chinese problem. My main point is still how to roll back without getting the compatibility warning halting further progress. I did do all the tricks to try to bypass the compatibility warning including the one for China Mobile.