Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Just went from VZW 700p to 755p. Since the 755 uses miniSD, I couldnt use the standard SD card from the 700, so I got a 2 GB Sandisk "3 in 1". The microSD goes into the mini adapter which goes into the phone. I took it (card in adapter) out to look at it on a PC. The micro didnt want to come out of the mini adapter, I wasnt comfortable pulling it any harder. Am I missing something?

I put it (card in adapter) in a micro/mini/SD/MMC card reader. Windows doesnt see any data on the new drive "please insert a disk". It works fine in the phone. Standard SD card works fine on PC. Anybody got a gun?
    Pushing the Boundaries of Disorganization
    ^ Now a stupid reply from the sponsor.........

Eat Wheaties to gain strength for removing the Mini card from the adaptor.

Eating a 8oz sirloin, medium rare, 3 eggs up, cottage cheese and wheat toast with blueberry jam for breakfast does it for me.

Beyond that, some devices have difficulty reading the card through the adaptor.

One additional point. If the card is SDHC, then your card reader most likely won't be able to read it. Only card readers that were designed to read SDHC can read those cards.
    The OP said the card is a Sandisk 2 gig micro. I have two of these cards. These are not a SDHC card.....

Last edited by treotraveler; 03/02/2008 at 08:01 AM.
    Did you format the card before using it? Try formatting it with FAT32/MS-DOS
    This is obvious but sometimes overlooked. With some adapters, they do not force the inserted smaller card against the contacts of the larger adapter. Therefore the PC does not recognize the card, because it doesn't see that one is inserted. I have resolved this by temperarily sliding a very thin piece of cardboard (like a business card cut down to size) between the back of the smaller card and the inside of the adapter. It forces the smaller card to make contact. It is worth a shot.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I drank several protien shakes, all that cooking was too time consuming. It worked, I got the micro out of the adapter. The cardboard shim trick sounded like a good idea but NG. Ran some tests:

micro/Standard adapter/Reader #1/PC #1: NG
    micro/Standard adapter/Reader #2/PC #1: NG
    micro/Standard adapter/Reader #1/PC #2: NG
    micro/Standard adapter/Reader #2/PC #2: NG

Standard SDcard in all above combinations: OK

Hmmm, not lookin good for the whole adapter thing...
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    So, ah, am I doomed to never be able to move files onto/off of the card with a PC? Is this problem common with microSD cards? Hmmm, maybe I should b**** to VZW... coments, suggestions, rants?
    Quote Originally Posted by groupsix View Post
    So, ah, am I doomed to never be able to move files onto/off of the card with a PC? Is this problem common with microSD cards? Hmmm, maybe I should b**** to VZW... coments, suggestions, rants?
    There's always Card Reader from June Fabrics, and others that let you simply use your Treo as the reader.

Even though it may not be the solution to this issue, you can try installing the SDHC patch that Microsoft seems somewhat reluctant to share: http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/10...soft-hotfixes/

I have 3 different Panasonic systems with built-in SD readers, had all sorts of problems with various cards but after installing that patch they've performed perfectly with every flash configuration I've tossed at them. Good luck!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I also had a regular SD adapter with a miniSD card inside so that my regular SD card reader could take it - well it fit inside but it did not recognize that there was a card inside. Same thing, I don't think adapters work well for reading with card readers.

On the other hand, the poster above me mentioned using card reader programs on your Palm, I highly recommend this, since you won't have the wear and tear of taking your card in and out of the phone and a card reader,etc. Those little metal contacts can get damaged and then you card is toast. I use Card Reader by Mobile Stream and you just install it on your Palm phone and then when you attach your phone to your PC with the USB sync cable, your PC recognizes the Palm as a removable storage devicem, much like a thumb drive. It will open an explorer window with the contents of your card on it. You can then drag and drop all you want, both ways. It works great!
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    To be clear, you are using the card reader that is built into your PC? If so, I believe this may be your problem. My reccomendation would be to purchase a stand alone reader or a card reader type appliation.

I have 2 Kingston 1gb micro sd cards that I place into my SanDisk mini sd adapter so that it will fit into my phone and I place that micro sd card into a regular sized SD card adapter when I use my card reader. I have no problems with my stand alone card reader or my phone reading it when it's in either adapter. I also have a 2gb SanDisk micro sd card (sounds like the same 3 in 1 that you have) that I use in the same manner, with no problems.

I have read of many who have experienced problems with readers that are built in to their PCs/laptops. If this is what you're using, this is likely the root of your problem and not the card.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Im using 2 stand alone readers, a Sandisk Mobile Mate and a no name micro/mini/standard branded by super media store. My 1GB Kingston standard size was the control.