1.    #1  
    Hey guys I was wonderng what you guys use for your settings on chatter for gmail... my company uses gmail for email (small business)

I would like to get it to work again, i was forwarding the emails to aim and then downloading it, but that isnt working anymore and the company does not like that i was using the forward feature on it.

Could someone help me out...

Here is the problem I am having

I can get the email, but it says it is using the Palm SSL and cannot down load the emails in the background.

So that means I have to load my chatter to download emails... But i need the notifications, since I get a million emails, and that is why I have chatter in the first place.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks...
    Can your company set up gmail to use IMAP, that way you can set up Chatter for the gmail IMAP feature and that will allow you to use Chatter in the Push setting. You can choose your alert sound or use the LED to alert you to new emails instantly. The IMAP option is found on the gmail website under Settings.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  3.    #3  
    It is set up with imap, but the stupid chatter is not letting me load the emails in the background... it makes me load the program to download the actual messages...
    Have you by chance looked at the documentation? There is a bit of a discussion that covers your specific problem. Ben
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Have you by chance looked at the documentation? There is a bit of a discussion that covers your specific problem. Ben
    I did.... i just could not find the correct imap settings to allow chatter to d/l my email in the background.

I love my treo.

I have been using them since i was still in college. However this thing has been jamming on me a lot lately (connection to the internet deal pops up all the time) ...

Everyone is on windows mobile or blackberry, but i prefer my treo still ...

Lets see how it goes...

Hopefully someone has an imap setting... i dont wanna forward to aim and then dl... and i def DO NOT WANT TO GO BBERRY!
    When you first created your mailbox in Chatter, did you get a screen for you to choose which type of mail carrier it was? That is where you scroll down a bit and you will find gmail IMAP (they also have gmail POP3). You click on that and it creates the IMAP settings in your new mailbox. You do have to go through a few screens putting in your real name, username and password for your gmail account, and you also get to choose whether the mailbox is ONLINE all the time, which is push mail and it does indeed run in the background. Caution this, as your battery will suffer a bit for it. You can also choose to take the mailbox OFFLINE and have it Quicksync, say every 2, 5, 10 minutes (whatever time frame you need) and that is not as harsh on the battery. But this is all still done in the background. That is the beauty of ChatterEmail. Re-read that .pdf manual as Chatter has so many well thought out options, it will more clear to you.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    It has been said before, and I'll just repeat it here: Just forward all your emails from Gmail to fastmail.fm... and use ChaterEmail. You'd still need to use Gmail SMTP to send messages from your Treo (the free fastmail.fm subscription does not allow SMTP). That's good since you will have your sent messages in Gmail and everybody receiving messages from your Treo would still "reply" to your Gmail address.

Another advantage is you can use filters to send messages selectively to fastmail.fm... or file them in appropriate folders in fastmail.

That's the way I set up mine and is working great for the past two years. This is also how I've set-up Outlook on my Laptop and PC. And once you set it up, you need not even bother if it is fastmail or gmail on your Treo.

The alternate is to use JVM + Gmail.PRC on the Treo which has its own set of problems.

Hope this helps.

PS: you did mention that forwarding is a no-go, but still...
    Game over!
    You need to reload the MatrixSSL library, sounds like it is either corrupt or not installed. Way back in the early days of Chatter Marc did not include it in the installer and I would occasionally lose the functionality when upgrading. Somewhere along the way he started including it in all upgrades but with software there are always glitches. Point your mobile browser to http://get.chatteremail.com and do a new install. I would bet it takes care of your problem. Or you can check the Palm "Delete" function for the file "ChatterMatrix". I can send you a copy if you are too lazy to upgrade

Good Luck,
    Rory
    You may also have to ask for a new registration code if it does not indicate SSL. Ben
    I would try to make sure you are using the latest version. It has built in Gmail IMAP settings that work just fine.