1.    #1  
    anyone know where I can get this? I dled opera mini and it says I need this, but I am having trouble finding it online
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    You can download directly from Palm
    www.palm.com/us/support/jvm/
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    The 755p is not listed as one of the supported phones on that page. Does it actually work?
    Yes it does
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I cant find a download for ibm's websphere micro environment java vm. Palm stopped offering it on its website and i was wondering if anyone knew where to get it. Thanks alot

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by philipsblue View Post
    I cant find a download for ibm's websphere micro environment java vm. Palm stopped offering it on its website and i was wondering if anyone knew where to get it. Thanks alot

Cheers

Download Here
    Last edited by dollface; 02/21/2008 at 07:29 AM.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    I believe that isn't the latest, just fyi.

5.7.2 was released.

http://www.myrapidmd.com/palm_downloads/JVM.zip
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post

5.7.2 was released.

You beat me to it.. but here's another mirror for the latest 5.7.2 anyway:

http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.palmone.com/JVM.zip
    Thanks a lot - it works great
    Hey TreePeople long time no crash ha I mean see ! I'm trying to get some kids games on my old 650 for my grandson but need the vm ! Any body got a working link Much Thanks , and Greetings
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post

5.7.2 was released.

This link works fine
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Greetings,
    I'm new to the Treo. If I have one of the Windows based Treos, can I install the JVM as listed above (5.7.2)? I would rather develop java applications than pay for Visual Studio. Thanks for your time.
    p.s. Any one have a preferred development environment? emulator?

Cheers,
    tinyjam71
    The links are for Palm OS based Treo.
    My apologies on the off topic post. I was hoping an active developer might be kind of enough to reply if he/she had the time and was already familiar with java development.
    Forgive the tech *****, but can anyone tell me about the java update? Is it like java on the desktops that if you want certain websites to work you need to have an updated version of java? Any drawback to installing this update? I just bought my 680 and want to know if this is definitely something I need or if it is something that may harm my phone.

Thanks.
    No, you still cannot cruise websites that require Java. All Java gives you is a different operating environment and supposed application compatibility across various platforms. What it really gives you is a toy.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    No, you still cannot cruise websites that require Java. All Java gives you is a different operating environment and supposed application compatibility across various platforms. What it really gives you is a toy.

Ben
    I know this is an old post. But it is very necessary to respond to this for those who come across it. Java IS NOT a toy. Java is an advanced programming language that can be used to write very advanced applications. It is used regularly in web applications as well as windows and mobile platforms. Yes, it is used to develop games. But then so it visual basic and C#. There can be a bit of anymosity between the Java crowd and the Visual Basic crowd as shown by the above post.

I won't go into it any further other than to say that a good Java VM on a mobile phone opens the door to a host of programs you can download and make use of. From games to spacial aware programs, and mostly free.

Whatever someone may think of a specific technology, they should never purposfully mislead others regarding that technology.
    Java is not a toy, the use of it for most people is not in a serious manner, hence toying around. It is an advanced programming language, granted, but most do not use it to its fullest extent. You speak of applications, sure on the PC and use games and it is definitely not a thing against Visual Basic. The host of programs you speak of is not that large a group. As for misleading others regarding that technology, there really is not that much out there for the Palm device's and Java's over-all performance is not that good. I do type from experience with it.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    The download links are probably illegal to use given that Palm has lost its license to distribute.

But it seems one can still buy 5.7.2 for $6:

http://www.pocketgear.com/en_US/html...id=prod6504685