1.    #1  
    how do you silence the treo and shut the vibration off.
    i basically need 3 different options to be accessed quickly: all sounds and vibration on, no sounds and vibration on and no sounds and no vibration on (for when im sleeping). can someone tell me exactly how to do this?

also is there a way to customize the today screen to show the appointments for the next 7 days or the weather? if not then can somoene recommend a good today screen (like in windows mobile where i have a launcher, weather, next 7 days of appointment, date...)

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigneeker View Post
    i basically need 3 different options to be accessed quickly: all sounds and vibration on, no sounds and vibration on and no sounds and no vibration on (for when im sleeping). can someone tell me exactly how to do this?
    ProfileCare does that, but it hasn't been updated to be compatible with the Centro.

also is there a way to customize the today screen to show the appointments for the next 7 days or the weather? if not then can somoene recommend a good today screen (like in windows mobile where i have a launcher, weather, next 7 days of appointment, date...)
    Check out DateBk6 - it's way more powerful than the built-in datebook, and includes a customizable Today screen that can do exactly what you're looking for.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    All sounds and vibration on - standard settings

No sounds and vibration on - ringer switch

No sound and no vibration - turn off the phone
    Also check out 2Day and 4Cast by ShSh Software.
  5.    #5  
    gfong: the whole point is to have the phone on but all the alerts off. that way when i wake up i can see who called me and text me.

anyways i found a program called powerman which has profiles and also makes the led blink when i have a missed call or sms.

im going to to check datebk6 and 2day and see if theyre good.

i also had problems putting a ringtone on the phone and im not even a ringtone type person. all i wanted was to put the "old phone" ringtone and the notify sound from wm. i managed to get a different old phone ringtone on the centro after 3 hours of searching and trying things. i still cant get the notify one.
    does anyone have a good text message tone. the ones on the centro are pretty weak.
    Are the WM ones mp3s? If so, convert them with minitones.
    centro.laursifer.com

There is a transformers txt message tone that is unique and loud enough (basically says your "smartphone has received a text message.") but like a transformer. other ringtones and such there as well.
  8.    #8  
    minitones crashes my centro unfortunately.
    i had one on my wm phone that was called "notify" i really liked that one because it wasnt as short as the centro tones and not as long as a regular ringtone either.

i think im having some battery issues, im not sure whats draining my battery but it drains very quickly.
    minitones crashes my centro unfortunately.
    Try Musictones, which is almost identical.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/music/musictones.shtml