1.    #1  
    Just recieved a Sprint Centro for the wife yesterday but I think I may need to request another device. The Centro appears to not connect to EVDO since the network indicators are always green and never blue, as they are on my Treo. We have a cell tower behind the house and the Centro gets full bars for calls. Also, it takes forever to connect to the network and when it does connect, the connection soon drops. This is the case whether with apps loaded or after a hard reset/factory configuration.

I spent a lot of time with various Sprint support levels who tried reprovisioning and ultimately could not get it resolved. I tried requesting an RMA today but was told I need to call during the week (we have a business plan).

So, my question is; the network indicator lights should be blue on the Centro, correct? I couldn't get a straight answer from Sprint (not surprising) and the manual isn't clear on this issue either.

TIA
    Are you using a new SIM that came with the Centro, or the SIM from an older phone? I had network problems with my Treo initially because I was using an older SIM. [Don't know anything about the indicator lights on Centro--sorry.]
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. No SIM card on the Sprint Centro. Sprint is CDMA and doesn't use SIM cards.
    they will be blue if you're in an evdo area, green otherwise. while you have full bars and a tower, it's not necessarily a sprint tower...are you roaming?

and even if you're not roaming, you may just not be in an evdo area.

that said, it still shouldn't drop you... i dunno about the long time to connect part. Still, i'd try it in another area, it may be an issue w/ the data connection on the tower rather than your phone.
    My guess would be that they have her phone in the wrong vision plan. They probably have her in vision instead of Power Vision. If that is not it, then maybe you are correct in that it is a hardware problem.
    Call sprint and ask them to reprovision the phone. I had to do that before I could get the blue arrows to show up on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    My guess would be that they have her phone in the wrong vision plan. They probably have her in vision instead of Power Vision. If that is not it, then maybe you are correct in that it is a hardware problem.
    agreed
    The OP said they did reprovision it, I remember a couple of people here with the same problem. Sprint removed PV from the account and then put it back and got it to work.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    I suspect this is the answer. The tower by our house is CDMA and gives our other Sprint phones (including my Treo) very fast EVDO speeds. She is coming from an old pre-Power Vision phone. I'll have then check the account for that. Thanks!