Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    http://mobihand.com/product.asp?id=17008

- Quickly launch an application (or Desk Accessory) just by holding down the first letter, which gives you a list of all the applications starting with that letter.
    - Pop up an application on top of another application by pressing Option and then holding down the first letter. After the popped up application is finished, you can return to exactly where you were in the original. Normally PalmOS only allows one application to run at once. (Not compatible with all application pairs.)
    - Tap on-screen buttons in some applications just by pressing the first letter of the button.
    - Includes four free Desk Accessories that you can use with FastLaunch and other Desk Accessory launchers: PrintIt (print screen to compatible tcp/ip network printer), ScreenDumpDA (save screenshot to SD card), NightMode and Reset.
    Oh that's bad....

No trial download button. Only a buy button......

That goes against my rule. Try before I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Oh that's bad....

No trial download button. Only a buy button......

That goes against my rule. Try before I buy.

Try again. The trial button is there.
    Not to sound disagreeable, but you should try again. I went to the site twice. Only has one green button, with BUY on it.

NO TRIAL button....

I'll try another browser....

There is a tab below the add to cart one...
    search for free trial with firefox if you really cannot see it...
    Quote Originally Posted by fasuin View Post
    There is a tab below the add to cart one...
    search for free trial with firefox if you really cannot see it...
    +1
    AT&T 8925 + 8GB MicroSDHC + Jabra BT8040

Copper TREO 680 + 16GB SDHC + Holux M1000B + Palm BT Keyboard + Motorola S9
    OK.....

I used another browser and got the trial download......

Another great app! Thanks Pruss!
    Well Fastlaunch looks interesting. However, requires using two thumbs. One to hold down the Option key and a letter key. It is a little difficult to hold down the option key and press the 'A' or 'Z' keys.

When using Fastlaunch over TakePhone, my 700p resets. Not a crash, but a soft reset, did it twice. It's like it launches mReset, which is on my device.

Fastlaunch won't launch anything over Resco Explorer.

I already have Switch5, set to Messaging button and Petite Launcher, set to one press of Option key and a press of Messaging button. Both of these apps will launch anything over any other app that is on the screen. I launch DA's with Petite Launcher and Meta Da. All with one thumb operation.

If I could use Fastlaunch without using two thumbs, it would be usable for me. And maybe fix whatever Fastlaunch is doing with TakePhone up on the screen.

Anyone else seeing the TakePhone soft reset thing with Fastlaunch?

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Well Fastlaunch looks interesting. However, requires using two thumbs. One to hold down the Option key and a letter key. It is a little difficult to hold down the option key and press the 'A' or 'Z' keys.
    That's only for the option + hold activation. Plain hold activation doesn't need that.

Also, you can first press the option key, and then hold the alphabetic key.

When using Fastlaunch over TakePhone, my 700p resets. Not a crash, but a soft reset, did it twice. It's like it launches mReset, which is on my device.
    Is the reset before FL shows its list or afterwards.

Fastlaunch won't launch anything over Resco Explorer.
    Does it show a list?

I already have Switch5, set to Messaging button and Petite Launcher, set to one press of Option key and a press of Messaging button. Both of these apps will launch anything over any other app that is on the screen.
    Will they really launch an app ON TOP of another app, or do they exit the underlying application, and then launch the new application?
    Hi Alex

No list over TakePhone, Resco Explorer and VoiceMemo so far. I have not checked Fastlaunch with every app I have.

Press of Option and letter key not working. single press of letter key not working. Press and hold of Option plus letter key works, except over the apps mentioned above.

Launching another app with Switch5 and Petite Launcher closes the previous app. Fastlaunch appears to be doing the exact same thing.

TypeRight is an existing app with this and other functionality. I find it the quickest way to launch apps. If you're considering this app, you may also want to try TypeRight first:

http://www.standalone.com/palmos/type_right/
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hi Alex

No list over TakePhone, Resco Explorer and VoiceMemo so far. I have not checked Fastlaunch with every app I have.

Press of Option and letter key not working. single press of letter key not working. Press and hold of Option plus letter key works, except over the apps mentioned above.
    What device do you have?

Can you do a warm reset and then run FastLaunch to troubleshoot potential compatibility problems?

Launching another app with Switch5 and Petite Launcher closes the previous app. Fastlaunch appears to be doing the exact same thing.
    In the option + hold list, do you see little red arrows beside the application icons?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    TypeRight is an existing app with this and other functionality.
    TypeRight has some functionality FastLaunch doesn't have, most notably contacts integration.

But then FastLaunch has some functionality TypeRight doesn't have, e.g., the ability to launch an application on top of another application without exiting the base application (poor man's multitasking), or the fact that no configuration is required (you don't need to add every application to every key).
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I'm using TakePhone and FastLaunch without any problems. However, I've noticed that opt + . doesn't seem to work (it doesn't launch apps on top even though I've selected that option). Also, I can't figure out how to type more than one letter (e.g. holding "G" brings up apps that start with "G", but I can't filter any further than that).
    Hi Alex

I figured out my Fastlaunch issue. I disabled TakePhone handling 'Hot Keys' and the list shows over TakePhone and Resco Explorer. Also, a press of Option and hold of alphabet key shows the red arrows and a press and hold of alphabet keys pops up the Fastlaunch list.

Now I have to determine if I can get along with TakePhone not handling 'Hot Keys' anymore.

Also, Fastlaunch won't pop up a list over VoiceMemo and CallRec 5.2.

Otherwise, Fastlaunch is working just fine with 'Hot Keys' disabled in TakePhone Prefs.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by procure View Post
    I'm using TakePhone and FastLaunch without any problems. However, I've noticed that opt + . doesn't seem to work (it doesn't launch apps on top even though I've selected that option).
    Do you see the red arrows beside the icon?

Does it launch the apps at all?

Also, I can't figure out how to type more than one letter (e.g. holding "G" brings up apps that start with "G", but I can't filter any further than that).
    What happens if you then type the second letter?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I posted 1.01. No new features, but some minor fixes.

http://mobihand.com/product.asp?id=17008

1.01: Minor bug fixes. Disable in Phone app also diables in Takephone. Includes KeyCaps600 modified for better compatibility. Includes CommandBar DA.
    Alex,

I have a couple questions. First, how does this app handle the voicemail key (e)? If I press e, will I get voicemail as an option or is that now relegated to the v key? Second, what about speed dialing? Is that disabled by this app or will FL disable when I go into the phone application?

Stu
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pruss View Post
    Do you see the red arrows beside the icon?

Does it launch the apps at all?

What happens if you then type the second letter?
    No, no red arrows... it launches the app normally instead of on top.

Nothing happens when I type the second letter... the focus stays on the originally highlighted app even if the second letter doesn't match.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast