1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

Recently I purchased Lightspeed, and along with applying the 755 rom to my 700p, it has completely transformed my device! The phone flies now! No lag, and everything has been rock solid. FINALLY!

I highly recommend it..for $15 you will be very, very happy. I also just installed Palm Revolt and that has really upgraded the PalmOS feel...the skins are great and makes the OS look modern. The new Iphone skin is awesome, and I also like the Cobalt skins.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I did the exact thing, its been a about a week and my Treo is faster than ever. I have had my Treo 700p for almost 2 years and after adding the new 755 ROM plus installing Lightspeed, it feels like a new phone.

All my applications run like they are on steroids, they include Zlauncher, Resco Exporer, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, Softstick Audio Gateway, Opera Mini 4 and the latest version of Versamail 4.0.1 from the Centro

Trust me everybody, I've been on these boards since 2004 this is the most impressive thing I have ever done to a Treo and it was a peace of cake.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    do you have a sprint 700p? had you already applied the 1.10 MR before doing the 755 update?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elh1188 View Post
    do you have a sprint 700p? had you already applied the 1.10 MR before doing the 755 update?
    I had applied the update. Mine was stable before and after applying the update, but the 755p ROM update to the 700p works AWESOME. I'm about to install Lightspeed again since I did a fresh install. I almost decided to try a Blackberry the other day, but now that I've set up my gmail IMAP to Chatter, why would I pay $30? And I LOVE my Treo! What was I thinking!
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  5.    #5  
    I had done the MR update as well before applying the 755 rom and Lightspeed. Everything is very stable, and fast!
    hi guys I too have applied the 755 rom and am very happy with my treo 700/755p. was just wondering some of the settings you are using and apps you are changing with lightspeed.
    Same here.

Did the 755 update on my 700 and works flawlessly. even using ljp overclocked with lightspeed = NO resets!

I went ahead and installed takephone and Treolauncher and oh my god what a difference. It looks so much nicer now. I'm also trialing skinui which is like that palm revolt and am loving it. skinui has an option for different effects when switching screens and it look s great. Im gonna trial palm revolt next and see which I like better.

With the addition of the 755 rom and these skinner apps my old 700p looks and performs like something a little more up to date with whats out there.

adjmcloon:

How do you like that palmrevolt and did you try out skinUI?

Also are you guys overclocking with Lightspeed all the time or just certain apps?
  8.    #8  
    I am overclocking some apps pretty heavy (208x2.5). I bumped up my default to 208x2.0. I am overclocking zlauncher, phone, calendar, chatter, camera (OMG what a difference), etc. Basically anything I'm using a lot...I crank it up but I don't put any of the numbers in the red. My buddy has a 680 and he is running his stuff at over 600mhz and seems to be happy. I haven't pushed it hard enough with the settings to cause a reset, because I want to preserve battery life. I'm probably using 5-10% more battery but it's no big deal as I charge every day anyway. My batt. still lasts a full 16-18 hour day with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    The new Iphone skin is awesome, and I also like the Cobalt skins.
    Where did you get the IPHONE skin?
  10.    #10  
    Here is a zip file containing the xphone skin for both zlauncher, and inside is another zip file containing the Palm revolt xphone skin. Enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Glad to hear it is zipping along now. Can any of you tell me how the update has addressed these issues:

1. Low signal areas causing the phone to freeze and make "beep-beep-boop" and "boop-boop-beep" sounds even when phone is set to silent mode (and very shrill first "beeeeeep --- beep beep boop --- boop boop beep" sounds through wired headphones).

2. Bluetooth connectivity issuses where BT headset disconnects occasionally or doesn't transfer calls from treo to headset?

3. Intermittent screen ghosting that many have encountered after applying the 1.10 update.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Any news about updating the Verizon 700p with the 755 ROM and if so, how to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgeScore View Post
    Any news about updating the Verizon 700p with the 755 ROM and if so, how to do it?
    It has been done. See the two 700 -> 755 threads, but here's one person's experience.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...on#post1419145