View Poll Results: Do you use a screen protector?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 77.78%
  • No

12 22.22%
  1.    #1  
    Just trying to decide if i should use a screen protector of not... Let me know if you have any advice or stories on the subject...
    you will pay around $15 for a pak of 3 protectors, but what will you pay to replace the LCD if you get just one nice scratch. I cannot understand why anyone would NOT use a screen protector. Just my two cents. Plus, I use the glare free ones and they are great when you are trying to see the screen in bright light.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    The crystal types almost are unnoticable. . . . . . . . . . An ounce of pervention is worth a pound of cure.. . . . . . . . . also helps resale.
    I got the Seidio screen protector and its great.

It's a hard screen protector, so it applies ridiculously easy with no bubbles and does not absorb style touches like soft ones do (doesn't need replacing either).

$6 vs scratched screen...

Even cheap protectors are better than nothing, but I don't recommend them because:
    1) Some of them can discolor
    2) They get "sticky"
    3) Some of them absorb touches a bit
    4) They often need replacing after a while
    Last edited by papped; 02/29/2008 at 03:58 PM.
    Imho, a waste. I put my 600 and 650 through hell and they never got scratched. Got some water marks in the screen after dropping the 650 in the toilet once, but never got a scratch. The rest of the phone looks like hell though. ;^)
    Well if the 650 got scratches on it, then I guess the resale value is down the toilet - sorry couldn't resist. :-)
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Seriously, who would buy a 2 year old used phone anyway? Most providers give a 2 for 2 deal, and if a phone lasts that long, it deserves to be retired with the rest of the old phones in the bottom drawer next to the old bag phone. It's pretty much junk anyway, right?

However, if someone is interested in my old potty trained 650, step right up! I promise it doesn't smell that bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmagloo View Post
    Seriously, who would buy a 2 year old used phone anyway?
    Well........... me for one I bought my treo 650 used for $80 and used it for a year, now my husband has it and it is still going strong........ and yes it has had a screen protector on it since day one. It looks brand new, mainly because we all took care of it. Oh, and I also own a 1995 car that is in pretty good shape. I bought that used too.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I picked up an invisible shield for my 755p. First time I have used one on a treo, but I have bought them for the zune, voyager and my B-I-L's ipood, so I thought I may as well........ It seems to do good and keeps the screen from scratching when in my pocket.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    I just upgraded from a 600 to the 755P. I had the 600 nearly 2 1/2 years I was very happy with it. I quit putting on screen protectors after trying having them on My Visor Prism. I mean really with the expected life of these devices being 18months what good is the perfect screen on my visor prism now. Use it, take decent care of it. But save your money and time and use your Treo.
    Also a clean damp Mico-fiber cloth works great to clean off the dust and finger prints! Works on the Keys also.
    A Happy Treo Owner
    Waiting and wishing for a OpenMoko FreeRunner
    voted no...but I wish I did! I play a game called text twist and constantly tapping the same 6 spots on the screen has caused six very distinct circle-scratches.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Get a screen protector. The Treo screens scratch rather quickly if you use you stylus on a regular basis. If you lke plying Bejeweled, a screen protector is a MUST!!!
    $500 phone, $6 screen protector that works as good as if you didn't have one on and keeps scratches off the screen.

No brainer imo.
    I used to always use a screen protector, however after about 9 warranty replacements, I realized that it was better to get a new screen lol... there was no point for me to replace the screen protectors....

To each his/ her own...

GL
    ^ whoa it has been a while since i updated my sig... foleo?? REALLY?
    i put screen protectors on EVERYTHING I own. cameras, pdas, treos.. you get the point.

Higher resale value./ nuff said
    Yes! This is a must item...it does take away from the brightness and purity of the unprotected screen, but it is scratchable, and if you don't protect it and something (keys, knife, etc.) scratches it, you'll be sorry, because it's hard to use after that.
    Palm Treo 755p (Sprint)
    Previously owned: Cingular 650, Sprint 700wx, Sprint 700p
    I have always used a screen protector. I would never let my Treo go without protection. If you are undecided on whether to use one or not, try out the one that comes with the phone (VZW gives one free not sure if Sprint does) and if you don't like it you are no worse off. You can buy a pack of 3 at VZW for $9.99
    Yes, the screen will get scratched by the stylus after repeated touches. It's worth the cost of protectors since the scratches are annoying. I'll echo that the 3 pack at Verizon is a good deal for 9.99....just remember that there are two sides of protective film on each one. Heh, it took me a couple of days of being dissatisfied with the resolution to realize that the top also had a cover.....doh!
    I dropped my 700 last week and the screen was toast, but because I had a screen protector on it all the pieces stayed in place. Other than losing touch sensitivity, it all worked otherwise for nearly a week until I got my 755 warranty replacement. So, yes, I recommend them.