Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    FYI....
    SilverScreen 2.0 is out. It's available at http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...9&prodID=15668

A few new features but pretty much the same as 1.98.
    I downloaded it about a half hour ago - I really don't see much of a difference. The changes I have found mostly seem to cosmetic. Also, I thought that upgrades were free after you registered, but I see on PalmGear that the upgrade fee is $9.95.

BTW, that ticker-thing on the bottom is really annoying. I'm glad it can be turned off!
    Originally posted by MoKoni
    I downloaded it about a half hour ago - I really don't see much of a difference. The changes I have found mostly seem to cosmetic. Also, I thought that upgrades were free after you registered, but I see on PalmGear that the upgrade fee is $9.95.

BTW, that ticker-thing on the bottom is really annoying. I'm glad it can be turned off!
    What's the ticker?

Ok, I had SS registered, but deleted it. It was too slow, had no tab support, and couldn't show memory & battery levels as straight numbers. Any of the above changed?
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by MoKoni

The ticker is useless. It moves so quick it's unreadable. Here are the other features I found:

1. When the toolbox is open, you can show category tabs at the bottom in place of the toolbox.

2. It appears from the prefs that color support is built right in. No need for ChromaCast anymore.

3. The category list is now appearing as a tab.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

What's the ticker?

Ok, I had SS registered, but deleted it. It was too slow, had no tab support, and couldn't show memory & battery levels as straight numbers. Any of the above changed?
    The ticker is a scrolling banner at the bottom of the screen that shows you datebook appts and todo's. The problem is that it scrolls so fast it's unreadable.

The slow refreshes seem a bit better but not like the default launcher.

Tab support is partially there. You can see the tabs at the bottom in the toolbox area.

1.98 and 2.0 show battery/mem as straight numbers. Just click on the battery icon.
    Neat! I didn't realize that you could change the toolbox into tabs. That's a great feature - thanks for the tip, smitty.
    ...Looks like you can't manually sort the tabs... ARG... And some other probs...

It sure is pretty, tho....
  8.    #8  
    ...Looks like you can't manually sort the tabs... ARG... And some other probs...

It sure is pretty, tho....
    Just like the ticker, the tabs feature seems useless IMHO. I hate losing screen realty just for tabs.
    Originally posted by smittyofdhs

Just like the ticker, the tabs feature seems useless also IMHO. I hate losing screen realty just for tabs.
    I don't mind the space, but the functionality is poor. Let me order (and hide) them as I please. And given the radically different contrasts & speeds on Palm devices, I'm shocked they don't let your alter the speed of the ticker (unless I'm just missing that...)

I want, on one screen, tabs, numbered Mem & Batt, Trash, Beam, and Info. I may keep this though, you can change the icons in SS, and L3 keeps that icon!!

Lanucher III, I'm coming home..
  10.    #10  

I'm shocked they don't let your alter the speed of the ticker (unless I'm just missing that...)
    We must all be missing it because I can't find a way either. I thought that maybe QuickBits was increasing the speed of the ticker but it remained fast even after shutting off QuickBits. How does PocketSensei expect us to read the ticker if it scrolls so damn fast? Hopefully they view these message boards for comments about their software.

We must all be missing it because I can't find a way either. I thought that maybe QuickBits was increasing the speed of the ticker but it remained fast even after shutting off QuickBits. How does PocketSensei expect us to read the ticker if it scrolls so damn fast? Hopefully they view these message boards for comments about their software.

I'm running on an edge, Let me slow it down w/ afterburer to 16mhz.... Nope, the same... Maybe v2.01 will do it...

Now, if they made it possible to split the toolbard bewt the standard stuff and the tabs, THEN we'd be getting somewhere!
  12.    #12  
    This is also strange...

PocketSensei still hasn't updated their site or posted new pages related to the update. The only update available is at palmgear, and it's billed as an "Upgrade Only" version.

Any thoughts...?
    This is also strange...

PocketSensei still hasn't updated their site or posted new pages related to the update. The only update available is at palmgear, and it's billed as an "Upgrade Only" version.

Any thoughts...?
    The employee in charge of distributing the upgrade to all the software site hit "send" a day too early??
  14.    #14  

The employee in charge of distributing the upgrade to all the software site hit "send" a day too early??
    Good One!
  15.    #15  
    What's up with this?

The categories are now shown as a tab instead of a pulldown list. Why does "ALL" and "UNFILED" revert back to the pulldown list instead of a tab? Is this an OS requirement that can't be changed?
    What's up with this?
    The categories are now shown as a tab instead of a pulldown list. Why does "ALL" and "UNFILED" revert back to the pulldown list instead of a tab? Is this an OS requirement that can't be changed?
    I noticed that too. I also noticed there's still no way to get the launcher to ignore those categories....

...Ok, I've complained enough... I like SS, but I need more power and such. I wish that they offered their icon changing code w/out the rest of the launcher... Using SS to change the icons to their cool themes and Launcher three to organize them, I've got the best of both worlds!!
  17.    #17  

...Using SS to change the icons to their cool themes and Launcher three to organize them, I've got the best of both worlds!!
    Does LIII provide for 2 bit grayscale (4 shades of gray)? what about 8 bit and 16 bit color icons?

Does LIII provide for 2 bit grayscale (4 shades of gray)? what about 8 bit and 16 bit color icons?
    http://www.benc.hr/lnchiii.htm

It looks 2 bit to me (is there a way to check that for sure, I can't seem to find decent documentation). Website shows color.. do a search for it, it was discussed when it first came out...
  19.    #19  

http://www.benc.hr/lnchiii.htm

It looks 2 bit to me (is there a way to check that for sure, I can't seem to find decent documentation). Website shows color.. do a search for it, it was discussed when it first came out...
    Well, the icons you see in the default OS launcher is 1 bit (black and white). You know what the cool icons look like in SS, right? That's 2 bit grayscale (4 shades of gray).

What I've done in the past is change the icon using SS, then delete SS. Then I use a program like ScreenPrefs that allows the default launcher to show 2 bit grayscale icons. Sounds lie this is what you are doing with LIII and SS. yes?
  20.    #20  
    Oops they did it again!!!!

Looks like PocketSensei screwed up just like Handspring did. When Handspring first posted Blazer 1.1 for purchase at PalmGear, they accidentally place the zip file on the product webpage. So those of use that were quick enough were able to download it for free. Well, I think PocketSensei did the same thing today. They just updated their product page at PalmGear. The difference, there is no zip file to download now. And, it's stating there is a $9.95 fee for the upgrade.
    Also, the old PalmGear product id was 15668, the new prodid is 15676. If you go back to 15668 you will see the following message:

"The selected product has been removed from our database by its developer!"

This is EXACTLY what happened with the HS post.
    If you downloaded the upgrade you may have just gotten it for free.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast